Dodge Caliber Forums banner

18" R/T Wheels

3K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  GreaseMonkey 
#1 ·
I'm almost positive they fit, but I just want to confirm that they do clear the calipers.

Anyone?

#3 ·
Ok cool. Thanks.

Forum search functions typically suck...

#10 ·
WOW!! :stickpoke:

I preffer to TOTALED , and/or ruin my stockies before paying that much for R/T rims, or any other rims, that are not Rays,volks,works, enkey, etc etc

:jester:

BTW: now that we are talking about snow

I was looking at some Vids on Youtube, of streets covered in snow and people crashing their cars back to back , with out any options!

That sucks!!, that happens a lot?, cause people seems to be very stupid, like if its the 1st time they drive in snow!, Even a woman jump out of the car (dont know why, cause the car was going at like 15-20mph (the car crash into another car and it didnt look to bad) and she almost get killed by another car doing the same (I mean sliding into the crashed cars)

Thank God we dont have Snow in here, and if for some reason someday I see any snow, im not taking my car outside of my garage! hehe

#12 ·
Some people just don't know how to drive in the snow. They either $hit their pants and drive 10 MPH as soon as they see a snow flake (which annoys the hell out of me!), or drive way the hell too fast.

I personally don't mind driving in the snow. Its typically not an issue at all. What sucks though it getting caught driving in the ice. At least with snow you can control what you do, with ice you go where the car goes...no control what so ever. And no tires, AWD, 4WD, etc is going to stop something from happening on icy roads.

And I was just kidding about the wheels... :D

#14 ·
I don't mind driving in the snow either. It's more that I would rather spare tires that are not designed to be driven in temperatures below 37 degrees, and have terrible traction in very cold weather.

#16 ·
That will probably be the route I'll go too. I was looking at picking up a winter beater vehicle for around $1,000, but I'll end up shelling out more money in parts that will need to be replaced which will also take up free time on weekends.

I'm just keeping my eyes peeled for a set. I'm hoping I get this job I'm interviewing for which will be a substantial increase in pay from my current job....

#19 ·
grease--im looking to get 20's. i have the chrome clad 18's on it now. we can prolly work something out if you want mine. minor curb rash on two (damn snow). let me know.

#21 ·
I have a question on the 18" R/T wheels...I picked up a set off of e-bay for pretty cheap. My question though is on TPMS. How do I tell whether these wheels need them and if I don't have them can I use regular valve stems and just omit the TMPS monitoring or if the the wheels take them, do I have to use them?

#22 ·
dont quote me on this...but im pretty sure the tpms wont work unless you have the recieving end on the car. and if the wheels do have them, and you dont need them, nothing needs to be changed. they wont hurt anything if they are there.

#23 ·
I'm more interested in the actual wheel. The SRT has the TPMS monitor (receiver) so I'm covered there. But I got 18" wheels for the winter (and they didn't come with sensors). So my question is how can I tell whether the wheels are designed to take the sensors and if they are can I use regular stems (i.e. I'm a cheap b@stard and don't want to buy sensors) for the winter.

#24 ·
The sensors are built into the valve stem. Any wheel can be outfitted with the sensors, and the receiver in the car will automatically pick them up.

The valve stem will be metal instead of rubber. That's the quickest way to tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.