Dodge Caliber Forums banner

p0171

11K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  dfinn 
#1 ·
Welllll it finally threw a code, as stated above its P0171. My first instinct was an o2 sensor but after searching around I found that some people had injector trouble. Has anyone else had this code/problem? The exhaust smell in my car is fairly strong, its running like crap and my milage has been progressively getting worse over the months. Also, i have noticed my oil life has been short, not sure if thats just the highway miles or what. Btw, i changed the plugs over the summer, oem replacements but I can't remember the brand. Also I noticed that the fuel I get in new jersey runs right through it and it idles like crap until I refill at the shoppette on base in D.C.. Thats all for now, thanks in advance for any input :bigthumb:

#3 ·
UPDATE! for anyone who cares, or maybe has this problem in the future, the light would come on periodically and go off. It all together ran like crap, even after changing o2 sensor and injector cleaner. After some research, I learned that the exhaust manifold, or "maniverter" was actually cracked, sucking some air and throwing my o2 sensor off. It didn't throw an exhaust leak code because the crack was before the o2 sensor. I'll throw up a pick, though its junk quality lol. Apparently its a 500 part, and its a pain to change. BTW, my car just hit 50k, though it seems others hit closer to 100k before this is an issue. The part is stainless steel also, not cast iron... Junk in my opinion. Anyways, I hope this thread helps someone someday, ten minutes pulling off a heat shield and a thorough inspection may save alot of trouble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.