Dodge Caliber Forums banner

MPX Strut Tower Bar Instal

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ib2loud 
#1 · (Edited)
I am a new member on here but was just putting on my MPX strut tower bar today figured id take some pics and make a writeup on it since it didnt come with directions and i am a mechanic by trade.

first receive your box in the mail, should look like this.

open the box and remove protective bubble wrap, play with bubble wrap for no longer than 5 minutes then get to work!

this is the tools you will need for the install, 15mm deep socket, 10mm socket, 8mm hex key, 9/16 wrench, 3/4 wrench, threadlocker, 3 in extension, and torque wrench.

first start by removing all of the 15mm strut tower nuts on both sides and the 10mm grounding wire nut.

next put on the whole bar and make sure you have the bolts loose and have the locking nuts loose on the bar itself. sit the bar in place and it will most likely not line up, the threads on either side of the bar are reversed so all you do is rotate the bar towards the car to tighten and bring the ends in >------< only do it enough to get the mounts onto the studs sticking up, we will tighten more later.

once you have it on the studs put threadlocker on the studs and put the nuts back on, tighten to approx. 50 ft. lbs.

next you should turn the bar itself away from you to tighten it until its fairly tight and in the position you want it in. put threadlocker on the threads and thighten the locking nuts with the 3/4 wrench.

now you want to use the 8mm hex key and the 9/16 wrench and put threadlocker on the bolts to the bar and tighten them to german standards (good-n-tight) you really cant overtighten these grade 8 bolts so tighten as tight as you can get them, and your done.

Note: i had mine vertical in these pictures but just went back and moved to horizontal due to it looked like it might rub the heat shielding under the hood. either way it will brace the same.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.