Dodge Caliber Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRT Chat Session - 4/16/08 (Wednesday) from 6pm to 8pm EST.

33K views 95 replies 30 participants last post by  dano 
#1 ·
This thread will be unlocked 2 hours prior to the event.

Participant Guidelines:
  • Keep all questions on topic and related to the SRT lineup of vehicles - off-topic posts will be removed
  • Direct ALL questions to the SRT Team AND allow the SRT Team to answer ALL questions (no member discussions here)
  • Review existing posts to avoid repeats of a same question
  • Limit each post to 1 or 2 questions and be as brief and clear as possible
  • Allow time for a response - questions are not answered in order of post. If it appears you were missed, AND the same question was not previously answered for someone else, you may re-post before the session ends
  • The SRT Team cannot answer questions about future product

#4 ·
From what we have seen on various boards there seems to be quite a large amount of waranttee work on the Jeep SRT8GC NV146 transfer case, with many being replaced by dealers was/is there a manufacturing problem?

Jeff

#5 · (Edited)
Dear SRT engineers why was I told directly & sternly from chrysler not to drive my grand cherokee srt-8 with the traction control off unless it was under the conditions as stated in the owners manual i.e. snow/slush/mud". This was what I was "scolded" with after telling the dealer of the severe vibrating noises I heard from the drivetrain when driving with the "trac off" - something even their service tech also confirmed. These vibrations were found to be within "spec" so now when I drive with "trac off" next winter can I expect the transfer case to implode as my wheels spin to get out of the driveway ??

#6 ·
1. What can be done, or is anything going to be done, about the horrible launch charectoristics of the Caliber SRT-4. You either bog out or spin like crazy, theres no in between.

2. I'm holding out for mopar upgrade kits because being a salesman for Dodge I want to keep it all mopar, at least as much as I can. Can you at least tell me if my wait will be rewarded or is there no plan for future upgrades?

3. What is the weight of the stock polished wheels?

4. How do you remove the stock SRT shift knob? It pull straight off like the other none SRT calibers.

#7 ·
CSRT questions
1. why is shifting from 1st to 2nd so noisy (normal driving) sounds like the linkage and clutch?
2. why no spare tire, what good is goop going to do if you have a blow out?

#8 ·
Have a 06 Grand cherokee srt8. It keeps flashing service tire press. system my dealer try as they might can't make it quit. They tell me I may just have to learn to live with it. I am afraid that this is just not some thing that I feel that I should have to live with. I can't watch anything else when every minute or two it goes to service tire press. system. Any hints as how to help me and them out. Thanks HELP PLEASE

#9 ·
csrt4
how would you tell us to launch the car at the dragstrip?

using mobil 0w 40 would you reccommend changing the oil at 3000 or 5000 miles?

these seats suck to keep clean any kind of liquid seems to stain them.. i had a wetsponge with soap on it and left a huge stain what would work to get it out

#10 ·
misfires, rattles, oily dipsticks ... theres been quite a few people complaining of the same issues, are there any planned recalls or tsb's other than the rad hose and re-flash coming out?

people in the same areas (as close as 1 town apart) are reporting significant variations in boost levels and behavior (creeping, spikes, some boost 7 others 12) what could be causing this being that differences are being seen in cars with the same environment and elevations.

#11 · (Edited)
As HighBred8 mentioned,

On my CSRT4, I have noticed the boost levels are highly eratic. Sometimes, it will run strong, at spiking 12psi, and dropping immediately to 8-9psi in 2nd gear, while somedays it will only spike and hold 9psi til redline. I have noticed this happening a lot, even though the temp and conditions seem the same during my comparisons.

So for the questions,
Why is the CSRT very picky when it comes to its boost selection?
I mean I understand it is used to maintain it tq rating, but i can really feel the difference in power, between the boost levels. And its gotten worse with the TSB Reflash from mopar. Will my high altitude have a huge affect on the boost control?

Also, I read in my manual that the Chill Zone area on the car, can reach a dang good 45 degrees, when I have the A/C on and try to use this feature, I am lucky to get a luke warm drink. So how does the car, manage to hit this so called 45 degrees chill zone?

How Accurate is the EVIC for tire pressure? I have noticed when I air up, the thing took forever to update, and when compared to an actual tire pressure gauge, the evic was 2psi higher than my tire pressure gauge. So I tried again with another digital tire pressure gauge, and it was still of on the evic.

Whenever I Shift into 3rd gear, Sometimes when deaccelerating, the shifter starts to shake pretty bad, but under acceleration, it stops. What could possibly be the cause of this? Yet the car drives normal, and sometimes, it doesnt do it at all. I do not understand it at all.

I believe this is enough questions for now.

Thank you for taking the time to come answer questions for all of us SRT Enthusiasts!

Gabriel

#12 ·
Hi from Fort Lauderdale!

I have a 2008 Jeep SRT8. All the local Shell gas stations now have signs that state that their gas contains 10% ethanol. Is this acceptable for the 6.1 hemi?

Also, what if any Mopar performance accessories do you recommend for the Jeep. With all the problems people are having with 3rd party accessories, I am reluctant to do anything. :eek:

#13 ·
Hi!

I have a Dodge Caliber SRT/4. I am curious if, when the MyGig system comes out for the Caliber, will it be possible to have it installed in my '08 Caliber or will it only fit into the newer models when available?

Thanks for your help!

#18 ·
Razorecko said:
Dear SRT engineers why was I told directly & sternly from chrysler not to drive my grand cherokee srt-8 with the traction control off unless it was under the conditions as stated in the owners manual i.e. snow/slush/mud". This was what I was "scolded" with after telling the dealer of the severe vibrating noises I heard from the drivetrain when driving with the "trac off" - something even their service tech also confirmed. These vibrations were found to be within "spec" so now when I drive with "trac off" next winter can I expect the transfer case to implode as my wheels spin to get out of the driveway ??
Any transfer case noise we have heard has never been associated with any durability issue including doing 50K miles of continous WOT accels. There is a minor amount of chain noise in transfer cases.

#19 ·
2ndsrt said:
Have a 06 Grand cherokee srt8. It keeps flashing service tire press. system my dealer try as they might can't make it quit. They tell me I may just have to learn to live with it. I am afraid that this is just not some thing that I feel that I should have to live with. I can't watch anything else when every minute or two it goes to service tire press. system. Any hints as how to help me and them out. Thanks HELP PLEASE
There is a service bulletin for a flash for the PCM (yes engine) that will tighten the voltage control. We've found this to be a very common problem with the TPM system. Unless the dealer has already tried that.

#20 ·
robdgaf said:
csrt4
how would you tell us to launch the car at the dragstrip?

using mobil 0w 40 would you reccommend changing the oil at 3000 or 5000 miles?

these seats suck to keep clean any kind of liquid seems to stain them.. i had a wetsponge with soap on it and left a huge stain what would work to get it out
1.) 2500ish seems to work best with some clutch slippage and modulated gas pedal.
2.) Following the cluster recommendation. It will tell you either to change it at 3000 mile or 6000 miles based on driving conditions.
3.) Try the MOPAR interior cleaner...we'll look into better protection

#22 ·
Hi guys, thanks for doing this again! Please tell me Gordon is in the house and he has some good news for my brand new 8 month old Jeep that doesn't exist. My salesman called me 1/2 hour ago with some potentially good news.

If you rather send a PM I'm fine with that BTW.

Bernie

#24 ·
welshboi82 said:
Hi!

I have a Dodge Caliber SRT/4. I am curious if, when the MyGig system comes out for the Caliber, will it be possible to have it installed in my '08 Caliber or will it only fit into the newer models when available?

Thanks for your help!
Unfortunately it's quite the tear up. These radios are basically complicated computers that all need to talk the right language. The old cars won't talk to new radios, apart from major wiring differences as well. Sorry.

#25 ·
leepen said:
CSRT questions
1. why is shifting from 1st to 2nd so noisy (normal driving) sounds like the linkage and clutch?
2. why no spare tire, what good is goop going to do if you have a blow out?
1. Noisy 1-2 shift can't be diagnosed on line. See your dealer for help.

2. A full size spare will not fit under the load floor in the cargo area and a mini-spare will not fit over the front brakes. If you want to use a mini-spare it can only go on the back, so for a flat in front, you would have to move a rear wheel to the front and put the mini in the rear. Then your dirty flat tire would go in the cargo area.

#26 ·
Question on behalf of Cibalo (300cforums):

I hear a lot of talk from the Pedder's guys about the bushings wearing out and tearing and that it is a dangerous situation. I would like to know what testing was done on the OEM bushings and if they think this is a serious issue owners should be concerned about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.