Problem with Dodge Caliber Starting - Dodge Caliber Forums
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Caliber and you would like to discuss it, this is the section. Have your car into the dealer for a particular reason and want to talk about it? Do it in here.

#1 Old 09-14-2010, 05:29 PM
ashalikei
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Problem with Dodge Caliber Starting

Hello I had a problem with my 08 caliber two days ago not starting and took it to dealer yesterday. Found out it was the WCM. They fixed it for about 200 bucks part/labor. I called Chrysler/Dodge yesterday about it to find out if there were any active recalls on this and they said that there is not but if they get more calls about this problem, they will issue a recall. If they issue a recall, everyone who had this problem will be reimbursed their out of pocket expenses to fix this issue. If you had/have this problem, make a short phone call. This will help many people in the future who may potentially have this same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-14-2010, 06:28 PM
UN4GTBL
Super Moderator
Points: 315,041, Level: 100 Points: 315,041, Level: 100 Points: 315,041, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Thanked 6,273 Times in 5,126 Posts
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome!

Sorry about your troubles with your Caliber!

You should do an introduction post and show off your caliber!

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.
#3 Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM
HICal
Points: 28,788, Level: 99 Points: 28,788, Level: 99 Points: 28,788, Level: 99
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashalikei View Post
Hello I had a problem with my 08 caliber two days ago not starting and took it to dealer yesterday. Found out it was the WCM. They fixed it for about 200 bucks part/labor. I called Chrysler/Dodge yesterday about it to find out if there were any active recalls on this and they said that there is not but if they get more calls about this problem, they will issue a recall. If they issue a recall, everyone who had this problem will be reimbursed their out of pocket expenses to fix this issue. If you had/have this problem, make a short phone call. This will help many people in the future who may potentially have this same problem.
Is this something related to the security key? I've heard of a couple but not many having these issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
Welcome!

Sorry about your troubles with your Caliber!

You should do an introduction post and show off your caliber!
Ditto!

2007 SXT sport

Kickers & Infinitys / Pistol Grip Shifter / Custom Overhead Console / Custom Intake & Exhaust / Mopar Header & Spoiler / MPx Polished Strut Tower Bar, Oil Cap & Black Headlights / Eyelids / Billet Antenna

neon R/T
#4 Old 09-14-2010, 08:53 PM
08SilverBeast
Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Send a message via Yahoo to 08SilverBeast
Can you describe in more detail what is was or wasn't doing? Mine every blue moon, seems like the starter does not engage properly.
#5 Old 09-15-2010, 05:07 AM
ashalikei
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%

(Thread Starter)
Sure! No problem- It was running perfectly and then I locked it for the night, went out to my car in the morning and turned the key, heard a flew clicks and the car would not start. Took battery to auto parts store to have it tested- it was just fine. Had a tow truck come get it from the house and take it to the dealer- They fixed the issue, the WCM was bad and needed replaced. I read several forums where people had this issue with both 07s and 08s. There is another forum out there which is just like this one but one letter is different. I am not sure if it is the same administrators or not but I have seen many people complaining about this same issue. There is an active TSB regarding this issue- I guess TSB is just to tell the service station how to "treat" the issue vs being an actual recall that would allow everyone who has/had this problem to get the issue fixed for free. Like I said, it was only about 200 bucks but... that is 200 bucks that some people like myself could have used on gas money for about a month. It would just be nice to see people compensated for their losses/troubles. Luckily, I had my daughter who could drive me to work and my boyfriend to pick me up from work because the dealer, conveniently, did not have a loaner car available. As for posting pics and all that jazz, I am not very tech savvy to do that. I think with these forums, you have a special way of uploading them which I do not know how to do and really do not have the time to figure out. lol sorry I do not mean to offend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SilverBeast View Post
Can you describe in more detail what is was or wasn't doing? Mine every blue moon, seems like the starter does not engage properly.
#6 Old 09-15-2010, 05:13 AM
UN4GTBL
Super Moderator
Points: 315,041, Level: 100 Points: 315,041, Level: 100 Points: 315,041, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Thanked 6,273 Times in 5,126 Posts
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashalikei View Post
Sure! No problem- It was running perfectly and then I locked it for the night, went out to my car in the morning and turned the key, heard a flew clicks and the car would not start. Took battery to auto parts store to have it tested- it was just fine. Had a tow truck come get it from the house and take it to the dealer- They fixed the issue, the WCM was bad and needed replaced. I read several forums where people had this issue with both 07s and 08s. There is another forum out there which is just like this one but one letter is different. I am not sure if it is the same administrators or not but I have seen many people complaining about this same issue. There is an active TSB regarding this issue- I guess TSB is just to tell the service station how to "treat" the issue vs being an actual recall that would allow everyone who has/had this problem to get the issue fixed for free. Like I said, it was only about 200 bucks but... that is 200 bucks that some people like myself could have used on gas money for about a month. It would just be nice to see people compensated for their losses/troubles. Luckily, I had my daughter who could drive me to work and my boyfriend to pick me up from work because the dealer, conveniently, did not have a loaner car available. As for posting pics and all that jazz, I am not very tech savvy to do that. I think with these forums, you have a special way of uploading them which I do not know how to do and really do not have the time to figure out. lol sorry I do not mean to offend.
ah yes, the "z" forums - not the same administrators or owners.

yeah, the TSBs are recommended solutions to potential problems that may affect a group of cars.

this is problem with so many computers in cars these days, is when the computer dumps, you are done.

the vast majoirty of dealers do not have loaner cars, especially for work that is not under warranty. Even with my extended warranty, my car has to be at the dealer for more than a day for me to be eligable for a rental car. its a pain, but thankfully i've only had a couple issues.
#7 Old 01-18-2013, 03:52 PM
robertlutz
Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1 Points: 89, Level: 1
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

I am having a problem with my sons car. Turn the key and nothing. Put a new starter in it. The next week, Turn the key nothing. Then it will run for a while then again, turn the key nothing. Seems like it happens mostly when the weather changes. Posted on here got one reply, "its a fluke thing". I called a local dealer and was told they were familiar with the car and never heard of anything like this. I asked if there were any recalls or bulletins on 2008 calibers. nothing. Sorry, I also haven't introduced myself to this site with pictures of my caliber. Maybe if I didn't have to keep searching for hints on how to get my car started or have to run forty minutes to pick up my son to take him to work then back again I could have time to search how to download pictures of my car.
#8 Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 PM
renndr83
Points: 226, Level: 4 Points: 226, Level: 4 Points: 226, Level: 4
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%

Mine keeps blowing the ignition feed fuse and everytime the car starts it blows, press the clutch and brake while driving and the speakers beep? Anyone ever heard of anything causing something like that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service