Both high beams & one low beam work - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Caliber and you would like to discuss it, this is the section. Have your car into the dealer for a particular reason and want to talk about it? Do it in here.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Both high beams & one low beam work

on my wifes car, both the high beams and right low beam work. I swapped the bulb from the left to the right plug and the bulb worked. I took the bulb from the right and put it into the left, it did not work.
So it is not the bulb.

I thought the left side plug could be bad, so I replaced that. Still didn't work, took it to the local shop and he said it was above his head. I called the Dodge dealer, he said I'd need to bring it and have it hooked up for $100. Then they could tell me what is wrong, he said it sounded like a module $700.

Does anyone have any ideas that don't cost $800? Resets, unplugs, rewire high beam to low beam?
Looking for anything now, wife got pulled over the other night, told to get it fixed. I would rather have both low beams work and only one high.

Thank for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Points: 30,947, Level: 100 Points: 30,947, Level: 100 Points: 30,947, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

if it were me, i would replace both headlight bulbs, and if that didnt fix it, then disconnect the battery, and hold the wires together for about 10-15 minutes. That will reset the TIPM and clear any errors the car is possibly having.

If that doesnt work, then your best bet is the dealer. The electrical system on this car is INSANE and i wouldnt want to touch it with a 10 foot pole
"I just cant help thinking, thanks to all sorts of things, the environment, the economy, problems in the middle east, the relentless war on speed, cars like this will soon be consigned to the history books. I just have this horrible, dreadful feeling, what im driving here, is an ending..." - Jeremy Clarkson

Build Number-82666
The Following User Says Thank You to 08sunburst For This Useful Post:
UN4GTBL (12-11-2010)
Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Points: 4,871, Level: 44 Points: 4,871, Level: 44 Points: 4,871, Level: 44
Level up: 61% Level up: 61% Level up: 61%

If I remember right, there are fuses for the left AND right headlamps in the fuse box under the hood. Double check the fuses (i.e. swap fuse positions and try) and hopefully it's as easy as that!!
Mods: MS1K #0075, Realtune/CP-E DP, Forge BOV, AGP SRI, MpX Dual Outlet Exhaust,, NGK Iridium plugs (-1 heat range), Road Magnet Drag Springs, CBD CF hood, Tint: 35% Front, 5% Rear
The Following User Says Thank You to Srtified For This Useful Post:
UN4GTBL (12-11-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service