Water on the rear floor ... leak??? - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Caliber and you would like to discuss it, this is the section. Have your car into the dealer for a particular reason and want to talk about it? Do it in here.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Points: 4,550, Level: 42 Points: 4,550, Level: 42 Points: 4,550, Level: 42
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Water on the rear floor ... leak???

Been awhile since I posted on here..

Here's the problem, As anyone in Southern Ontario knows we have had all sorts of rain these past couple days.. Anyways tonight the wife tells me that the rear carpet (on the drivers side) is wet. I go check and the carpets not wet it is soaked, you can see the water..

The wife said she drove through a street wide deep puddle on her way home tonight..

Is it possible that either 1) the wind driven rain got past the door seals (only thing wet is the carpet, seat and rest of the back is dry) or 2) when she drove through the puddle the water came in over the lower door frame.. or 3) when see drove through the puddle the water found its way in through a lightening hole under the car.. or 4) somehow the rain is finding its way under the roof trim and running down the door pillar (behind the trim) and pooling on the floor.

Any thoughts ???

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 AM

Update ...

Sort of .. We haven't found the source of the leak yet, but we now know that it is a static leak .. After drying the floor for several days, we left the car outside last night.. With the heavy dew and condensation all over the cars this morning the carpet is damp again ... Anyone have any ideas on where to look next ???
Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Points: 30,947, Level: 100 Points: 30,947, Level: 100 Points: 30,947, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

do you have a sunroof? if so, its likely that the drain tubes are clogged
"I just cant help thinking, thanks to all sorts of things, the environment, the economy, problems in the middle east, the relentless war on speed, cars like this will soon be consigned to the history books. I just have this horrible, dreadful feeling, what im driving here, is an ending..." - Jeremy Clarkson

Build Number-82666
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36 Points: 3,447, Level: 36
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Send a message via Yahoo to 08SilverBeast
As metioned Drain tubes, Or sunroof seal might need replacing. Seal might be letting in more water than the tubes can clear. By the way notice any stains on the headliner? Pay close attention to the corners near the pillars.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:39 PM

No sun roof.. There are a couple places that I'm going to put some clear silicone and see what that does.. Also going to get the wife to back the car up the drive (driveway has a slight incline) to see if this mystery water appears on the front floor..
Old 11-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%

greetings, any update to this thread? as I have a similar problem ...
Greetings from south africa. I have recently purchased a second hand dodge calibre 2.0 cvt sxt.
After the first week I went for window tinting and notice allot of water in the left rear passenger footwell. I phoned the dealer I purchased the car from and they stated I might have left the window open during a recent rain fall. I suppose I might have, I thought.
I cleaned and dried the water up and removed the side and bottom panels front and back (as the carpet was wet in the front passenger footwell aswell, but pooled in the rear, so i figured as I drove it shuffled around...) once all was dry I used a hosepipe. All around the roof, doors... allot of water... and nothing... the water that I drained is clear and does not appear to have an odour, so assumed it's rain... and an open window.
Now I always make sure my windows are closed when it hints of raining.
So for a few weeks all has gone well. It's rained and poured here and there and nothing. I've used the a/c quite a bit and nothing. Then all of a sardine its back, not as bad as I have been monitoring it. But its there. I am coming to the conclusion it might be leaking when I use the rear water washer dispenser!! Could that be? Where is the first place to begin my troubleshooting?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:21 AM

Sorry been busy lately looking and searching for a new truck (that's a story for a different time), To answer your question, no we haven't found the source of the leak yet... I have gone over a few places with (colored) silicone to see if it would stop, but to no luck... The wife is about ready to take the car into the dealer ... I can already hear my bank account screaming ...

If anyone else has any idea's let me know ..
Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

I've been having this same issue as well. The drivers side floor boards front and rear are constantly soaked with water. I've had it in the dealership in the past and they were not able to find a cause. I've been all over these forums and I've seen multiple posts about this issue but no solutions. Anyone know where this water is coming from and how to fix it?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

I'm having the same problem but on the passenger side rear floor being soaked with standing water, and sometimes the front passenger floor having standing water, but not quite as often so I assume it's coming from the rear when it gets to a certain point. I do not have a sunroof. Any ideas? Hearing it's a common problem but not hearing any solutions yet.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14 Points: 707, Level: 14

I found when i removed the left (passenger front and back) side, ummm, bottom door/floor plastic framing... not sure what its called...

you have to remove the middle post one first then the long one that leads back to front and then the front one, by removing the plastic screw...

anyways, i noticed where the metal framework is crimped together, in the front passgenger side just before the framework turns up (in line with my shins), there was a water mark/line... a water line like you can see where water has been dripping/running from and to (into the front footwell, i saw a bead of water in the crimp aswell... i sucked it with my mouth and a little water cam out and i sensed it was not sealed/crimped closed properly (this was just after some rain).
not sure how water would get into the framework, maybe from the black roof linings, where they "pop" into the body of the car, and runs down into the frame of the car and is supposed to drip out of drip holes at the bottom, like the doors have...

i think when the water builds up enough in the front footwell and through driving and parking on hills, etc, it switches between the back and front, and sits more in the back as there are "trap" areas and this gives the feeling that it's leaking from the back

i let it dry, dried the carpets out and forced car silicone into the crimp area, as much as i could and cleaned the evidence of the water mark

now i'm just waiting to see what happens with the next car wash or rains, if we get any more this year in south africa, durban

thanls, the more feedback the better

anyways this is my first find of where it could be coming from in my car...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service