New Head Unit Question - Dodge Caliber Forums
Dodge Caliber Dodge Caliber Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Audio / Visual Discussion

Audio / Visual Discussion Have questions regarding the sound system in the Dodge Caliber? Thinking of watching DVD's in your Caliber? This section is for the discussion of audio/visual items.

CaliberForums.com is the premier Dodge Caliber Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

New Head Unit Question

Hello,
I have a SE 2.0 (base-model) Caliber. I am currently looking for some new speakers and possibly a head-unit. From my understanding, the speakers are probably one of the easiest upgrades in the Caliber. In fact, it is probably something I can install myself. As for the head-unit, I've heard the base model stereo (CD/AUX/Satellite/AM-FM) is a 1.5 DIN. Is this correct? Also, I am looking at getting a navigation head-unit. Any recommendations on a brand that carries 1.5 DIN navigation units. I am really open to any navigation unit, as long as it is easy to moderately easy labor. My concern is that I will end up having to buy a 2 DIN and THEN try and make it fit somehow. Not sure how... anyways, thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks in Advance!
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 272,441, Level: 100 Points: 272,441, Level: 100 Points: 272,441, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Thanked 6,272 Times in 5,125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdagostino840 View Post
Hello,
I have a SE 2.0 (base-model) Caliber. I am currently looking for some new speakers and possibly a head-unit. From my understanding, the speakers are probably one of the easiest upgrades in the Caliber. In fact, it is probably something I can install myself. As for the head-unit, I've heard the base model stereo (CD/AUX/Satellite/AM-FM) is a 1.5 DIN. Is this correct? Also, I am looking at getting a navigation head-unit. Any recommendations on a brand that carries 1.5 DIN navigation units. I am really open to any navigation unit, as long as it is easy to moderately easy labor. My concern is that I will end up having to buy a 2 DIN and THEN try and make it fit somehow. Not sure how... anyways, thoughts or advice would be great. Thanks in Advance!
Welcome!

Not sure on what year your Caliber is...

The regular radios are about a 1.5 - 2 DIN in size.

If you do a 2 DIN radio, your best bet is to purchase a 2009 Radio Bezel and then get the appropriate "Dash Kit" for the radio, and it will look almost factory clean. The 2009 radio bezel is a very good fit for a Double DIN radio, and the dash kit just fills in the spaces on the sides.

See here for more info: http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=16812

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Radio Question

It's a 2008. And how can I tell it it's a 1.5 DIN or 2 DIN?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Audio / Visual Discussion