Dodge Caliber Forums

Dodge Caliber Forums (https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Modern Performance (https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   A Pillar Gauge Pod + Scangauge Review (https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9653)

ericksrt4 11-23-2008 08:20 AM

A Pillar Gauge Pod + Scangauge Review

Let me start by saying i was very impressed with the fit and finish of this piece. It matches very nicely and was very easy to put in. I didnt know at first how easily visible the gauges would be while driving, but i can say now that where it puts the gauges and faces them, it makes them more readable then the boost gauge in my opinion. the only negative thing i can say about this piece, is the fact that the screw is exposed. but thats no biggie. oh and the scangauge is amazing. im having so much fun with it right now.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...cture002-1.jpg

brucestr21 11-23-2008 08:57 AM

Re: A Pillar Gauge Pod + Scangauge Review

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericksrt4 (Post 139946)
Let me start by saying i was very impressed with the fit and finish of this piece. It matches very nicely and was very easy to put in. I didnt know at first how easily visible the gauges would be while driving, but i can say now that where it puts the gauges and faces them, it makes them more readable then the boost gauge in my opinion. the only negative thing i can say about this piece, is the fact that the screw is exposed. but thats no biggie. oh and the scangauge is amazing. im having so much fun with it right now.

Congrats on your purchase! It looks good.

You'll love the scangauge - its lots of fun

ericksrt4 11-23-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brucestr21 (Post 139973)
Congrats on your purchase! It looks good.

You'll love the scangauge - its lots of fun

this scangauge is too cool. i wish i would have bought it months ago.

modernceo 11-23-2008 09:15 AM

Excellent!
Im glad your happy with the new pod and Aeroforce scangauge!

Thank you for purchasing with MP !

brucestr21 11-23-2008 09:18 AM

You probably could paint the head of the screw to match the pillar, that way it wouldn't be so noticeable.

ericksrt4 11-23-2008 09:28 AM

i was thinking about it. it really isnt that noticable though if i just left it.

thamil 11-23-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericksrt4 (Post 139946)

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...cture002-1.jpg

HOLY CRAP....what's that big screw in the picture??? jk, looks AWESOME.... I'm going to order that now

how long did it take for you to do it all?

SRTst 11-23-2008 12:45 PM

I think the screw there is ghey but it's necessary. If they tried to mimic the stock mounting + clips needed you'd be paying twice as much for the part. Get some paint at the local store, just dab some primer on the screw first then put the matching paint after.

ericksrt4 11-23-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thamil (Post 140081)
HOLY CRAP....what's that big screw in the picture??? jk, looks AWESOME.... I'm going to order that now

how long did it take for you to do it all?

total time including hooking and wiring the scangauge should take you no more then 15 minutes. it really is that easy. far simpler then what i anticipated. the hardest part is fishing the wire up through the dash, and i found the easiest way to do it is with a string and old antenna. lol.

thamil 11-23-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericksrt4 (Post 140105)
total time including hooking and wiring the scangauge should take you no more then 15 minutes. it really is that easy. far simpler then what i anticipated. the hardest part is fishing the wire up through the dash, and i found the easiest way to do it is with a string and old antenna. lol.

Thanks buddy for the response.... Makes me want to get one even faster!:bigthumb: