New owner needs upgrade advice. - Dodge Caliber Forums
Performance: Caliber SRT4 Specific Discuss performance modifications for your Caliber SRT4 in this is the section

post #1 of 4 Old 04-12-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Shacco
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New owner needs upgrade advice.

So long term I plan on building a beast but quick intro bought a 08 csrt4 a month ago with 150k on it. Right now I'm just doing standard maintenance. I wanna know what the best of everything is to go with. And also what's the quickest way to spit flame.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-21-2019, 09:00 PM
DJFourmoney
Points: 9,210, Level: 64 Points: 9,210, Level: 64 Points: 9,210, Level: 64
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacco View Post
So long term I plan on building a beast but quick intro bought a 08 csrt4 a month ago with 150k on it. Right now I'm just doing standard maintenance. I wanna know what the best of everything is to go with. And also what's the quickest way to spit flame.
Do whatever is required for 100,000 mile service.

Then do a leak down test, compression test and send your oil out for analyst.

If the sample comes back without mass amount of metal particles, low compression in a cylinder or blowby from the leak down test, then you are free to mod.

As for what to do. Start with either a Diablosport Intune/Predator which I think is a the better option. However it depends on what you want to do. It seems to me you are more about noise and making a spectacle out of yourself. To get flames shooting from the exhaust you need to delete the cat converter and any muffler/resonators in the exhaust.

If you don't think you'll be doing much, get the Real Tune MSK1 for whatever fuel is available in your area. That is an easy 50+ hp gain on 93 octane and it's a safe tune.

That said you'll make more power with E85 and a custom tune either from a Diablosport CMR or somebody familiar with the platform that uses HP Tuners, the Caliber is supported on both.

MSK1 will be about 310-320 hp otherwise stock car, Ethanol will make more power everywhere at the expense of more frequent oil changes and 20% drop in fuel economy.

If you plan on adding a wastegate, downpipe, upgrade the intercooler, etc; While MSK1 adjust well to these changes it's not perfect and you'll be leaving some power on the table. A custom CMR tune (Diablosport) or HP Tuners will get the most out of your upgrades plus you'll be able to program Boost By Gear and upgrade your injectors with a rescale.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2019, 08:18 AM
Rookie
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacco View Post
Can anyone tell me why I can’t start a thread or post a question? This site is not set up very well. I can’t even find an option for it. Very difficult to use

post #4 of 4 Old 11-23-2019, 09:54 PM
DJFourmoney
Points: 9,210, Level: 64 Points: 9,210, Level: 64 Points: 9,210, Level: 64
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Maybe you haven't been a member long enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Performance Discussion > Performance: Caliber SRT4 Specific