Strange passenger front turn signal behavior - Dodge Caliber Forums
General Caliber Discussion This section is for anything related to the Dodge Caliber that does not fit in the more specific sections.

post #1 of 4 Old 08-04-2016, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
blazeword
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Level up: 7% Level up: 7% Level up: 7%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Strange passenger front turn signal behavior

Hello, I am new to the forums and have searched all over the for a potential fix to my issue. I have a 2008 Dodge Caliber and just recently when I went to use the right turn signal I got the ding and fast flash indicating a bulb out. I recently changed the rear so I figured it must be the front. When I put the turn signal on the passenger side does flash however it only flashes the low filament for the parking light. The decrease in resistance is what I assume caused the issue so I replaced the bulb but the same thing was noted. When the parking lights are turned on nothing lights on that front passenger side marker however all other lights are on. If the turn signal is turned on while the parking lights are on nothing happens on that front passenger side as well. The only time the turn signal will even turn on is if no lights are on and even then it is still only firing the low filament section of the light and not the higher powered signal portion. I swapped sockets with the driver side but no luck as the socket from the passenger side now works as it should in the drivers side location and the drivers side socket performs the same only firing the low filament while in the new position on the passenger side. I reset the TIPM thinking something might have got screwed up there but no change. Another note is when the hazard lights are turned on they operate at a normal speed but again all other bulbs are flashing brightly except the front passenger side which is still only lighting the low parking light filament. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-18-2019, 07:05 AM
sutts00
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
Level up: 5% Level up: 5% Level up: 5%

Hi there,

I know this is a very old thread, but I'm wondering if you ever determined the root of your problem ? I have the exact same thing going on , same side bulb and everything.

Any insight is much appreciated!
post #3 of 4 Old 11-18-2019, 09:47 PM
Yariff Escalera
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

Does anyone rebuild a caliber srt4 an d alredy use connecthing rods bearing without tand

post #4 of 4 Old 12-07-2019, 03:16 PM
shelbydodge
Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31 Points: 2,722, Level: 31
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Your issue is directly related to the ground wire off the back of the plug, (black/purple) wire.

You can either clean the body ground it mounts to which is on the pass front frame rail . Lift the hood and look straight down next to the pulley behind the headlight area.. a 10mm bolt can be accessed with a 1/4 ' drive ratchet/ 10mm socket and small hands..lol

or

Strip back a small section of the black/purple wire at the back of the plug. Solder a short wire to that creating a ground wire you can attach via a self tapping screw to metal behind headlight.

I had this issue and now it is fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > General Caliber Discussion