Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Parrot Kits and Quick Connect Harness Adapters????

5K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  08sunburst 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am a new member and this is my first post. I have spent hours searching through the other posts and have com up with nothing. I am trying to install a Parrot Mki9100 into my 2009 CSXT, which has the RES model stereo receiver with the Boston Acoustics system. Apparently I need to buy a harness adapter to hard wire this unit in order to utilize all the functions, but I don't know what I need. All the sites that sell these adapters note that there are 2 possibilities depending on the stock harness style:

or

There is also two other adapters from Safewireless.com. Here is the page where they are found:

http://www.safewireless.com/hands-free-store/plugnplay-harness-solutions-dodge-c-3_11.html

The possibilities are CHJ-1 and CHJ-1R. I have no idea what I need and don't want to buy the wrong part and then have to deal with the return process.

Has anyone here installed a parrot car kit using one of these adapters who can shed some light? Does anyone know what I need specifically to make this work?

See less See more
#3 ·
sorry bro, u really are alone on this one....

i wouldnt know jack shid about what ur partaking in.

maybe tomorrow you'll get a response from a more knowledgeable person.

Sundays are usually pretty dead for this forum.

#4 ·
I think I just need to know the shape of the stock audio harness, whether it has beveled corners or not. I guess I have a while to figure it out since the car kit is being shipped from Isreal, and probably wont be here for a while.

#5 ·
If i remember correctly the edges are NOT beveled, and more like a square

installation is fairly simple though, so if you have any questions pm me or post a ? up here and ill do my best to help you out

#6 ·
I bet your best bet is to look at the harness in the back of your radio.

i wonder if it changed for 09 when the radio changed? (hence the 2 different adapters)

Its a 5 minute process to pop out the radio, so check there and let us know.

But then again it could be for radios with the BA and without the BA...

#7 ·
I just had the center console, air bag, and driver side under-dash all ripped out yesterday so I could run some wires and I completely forgot to check. @$$hole...BTW what the hell is the deal with the way the Air Controls are attached to the center cover (I cant think of what its called)? That was a pain in the ass. Oh and does anyone know how to remove the shifter knob as to allow that cover piece to be removed? I have an automatic, so I dont know if its different with a standard shifter.

***08sunburst: thanks for the offer, I will definitely keep you in mind. I have no idea when im going to do this install because I have no idea when the kit is going to arrive. Everyday it doesnt show up I regret ordering it on ebay...from Isreal.

#8 ·
to remove the shifter knob, just pull straight up, firmly, make sure to not smack yourself in the mouth, and it should pop off no problem

well, whenever you do the install, if you come across any problems just send me a pm and i can help you out as best as i can

Reactions: UN4GTBL
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.