Problem with my manual transmission - Dodge Caliber Forums
South Eastern Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi

post #1 of 1 Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
havenlynee
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Problem with my manual transmission

I drive a 5-speed 2005 Dodge Caliber. It has about 155k on it. The car completely resisting going into 1 and 2 from neutral. I was thinking that maybe the 1-2 shift fork could be messed up but I really don't think it is because I feel like it would still slip into gear eventually. Do you think maybe it's the linkage? I seriously do not know what to do. Is a shift fork or linkage expensive/hard to replace? Could it possibly be something else really simple and I'm just over looking it? It just started today after I drove for about an hour, the car rested for 4 hours and when I got in this all happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Regional Section > South Eastern