Test and Tune at Numidia Dragway - Dodge Caliber Forums
Track Talk This is the place to post time slips, track stories, track photos and videos

post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2010, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Blast Wagon
Points: 3,977, Level: 40 Points: 3,977, Level: 40 Points: 3,977, Level: 40
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Test and Tune at Numidia Dragway

Saturday, my son and I decided to travel 2.5 hrs to Pennsylvania to meet up with 400hpsrt for a Test and Tune Day. There were many cars there and a good showing from the NSRT guys. We had 3 CSRT's there, 2 Black and 1 Sunburst Orange. I took a few pics and a video or two. Mind you, I'm no photographer nor a camera man so save the criticisms if you can.

400hpsrt's Caliber is on the Left, mine is on the Right....
All in all it was a very productive day. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to use my Droid phone until later on in the day so I didnt get any videos of the cars running at the track. At first, I wasnt going to run mine because of balding tires but decided to anyway. I was the slowest of the calibers running a 14,2.

I had a great time and thats not all........

My day was not over.... 400hpsrt helped me with my tune and thanks to him, my supercharger whine sound is gone.....After we left the track, we went to his house to install my agp mm, tune my fic and adjust my mbc. We had a difficult time with it because our settings for boost kept changing on its own. I have a PTP wastegate and my assumption is that the spring in it is not strong enough for what my turbo as throwing at it. We would set the wg trying to achieve 18# of boost but the boost would go all over the place. It would fluctuate from 15 to 23 psi. 400hpsrt adjusted the tune in my fic and we didnt see but a blip of knock at those boost levels. So now I replace the wg to see if that makes a difference. The motor mount is nice. I do get a bit of vibration but not nearly as much as what I've heard.

To top of the day, I got a ride in Mike's (400hpsrt) Caliber. His car is a beast!! I needed Tylenol after the runs but it was definitely an experience.

This was the highlight of the day. 400hpsrt consistently ran 12.2 at the track so I had to get a ride in this beast just to see what its like. For those on the fence about what an Realtunes' Stage 2 kit can do, his car is a prime example. Add a synapse bov, wot box, hb kit, JMB IC, small brake kit (for slicks), stage 5 clutch (you'll need it) and you can run 12s all day long. If I've left anything out hopefully John will comment and fill in the blanks.

Arn
08 Caliber SRT-4
93 GMC Typhoon

Last edited by Blast Wagon; 08-29-2010 at 08:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blast Wagon For This Useful Post:
UN4GTBL (08-29-2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2010, 07:48 PM
400hpsrt4
Points: 12,025, Level: 71 Points: 12,025, Level: 71 Points: 12,025, Level: 71
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast Wagon View Post
Saturday, my son and I decided to travel 2.5 hrs to Pennsylvania to meet up with 400hpsrt for a Test and Tune Day. There were many cars there and a good showing from the NSRT guys. We had 3 CSRT's there, 2 Black and 1 Sunburst Orange. I took a few pics and a video or two. Mind you, I'm no photographer nor a camera man so save the criticisms if you can.

400hpsrt's Caliber is on the Left, mine is on the Right....
All in all it was a very productive day. Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to use my Droid phone until later on in the day so I didnt get any videos of the cars running at the track. At first, I wasnt going to run mine because of balding tires but decided to anyway. I was the slowest of the calibers running a 14,2.

I had a great time and thats not all........

My day was not over.... 400hpsrt helped me with my tune and thanks to him, my supercharger whine sound is gone.....After we left the track, we went to his house to install my agp mm, tune my fic and adjust my mbc. We had a difficult time with it because our settings for boost kept changing on its own. I have a PTP wastegate and my assumption is that the spring in it is not strong enough for what my turbo as throwing at it. We would set the wg trying to achieve 18# of boost but the boost would go all over the place. It would fluctuate from 15 to 23 psi. 400hpsrt adjusted the tune in my fic and we didnt see but a blip of knock at those boost levels. So now I replace the wg to see if that makes a difference. The motor mount is nice. I do get a bit of vibration but not nearly as much as what I've heard.

To top of the day, I got a ride in MIKE (400hpsrt) Caliber. His car is a beast!! I needed Tylenol after the runs but it was definitely an experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzdKfS5vVKQ

This was the highlight of the day. 400hpsrt consistently ran 12.2 at the track so I had to get a ride in this beast just to see what its like. For those on the fence about what an Realtunes' Stage 2 kit can do, his car is a prime example. Add a synapse bov, wot box, hb kit, JMB IC, small brake kit (for slicks), stage 5 clutch (you'll need it) and you can run 12s all day long. If I've left anything out hopefully MIKE will comment and fill in the blanks.

FIXED it for you blast.lol

MODS:
ms1
JMB big turbo kit
turbonetics boost contoller
one step colder plugs
aem wideband
scan gauge
synapse bov
custom exhaust
jmb 4'' intake
bwoody catch can
bwoody check valve
PTP solid mount
JMB I/C kit
BC coilovers
R/T front+rear endlinks
progress rear sway bar
EBC drilled/slotted rotors+red stuff
realtune stage 1
RT brake kit
wot box
sbc stage 5 clutch
RT TUNED:445whp 410wtq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best 1/4 so far: [email protected]
post #3 of 4 Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 PM
UN4GTBL
Super Moderator
Points: 442,339, Level: 100 Points: 442,339, Level: 100 Points: 442,339, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 6,278 Times in 5,131 Posts

whats with the exhaust on the car on the right?

i like the lights on the car on the right

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed

|

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 AM
400hpsrt4
Points: 12,025, Level: 71 Points: 12,025, Level: 71 Points: 12,025, Level: 71
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post

whats with the exhaust on the car on the right?

i like the lights on the car on the right
what exhaust.
j/k i have a side exit with a turn-down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Caliber Forums > Dodge Caliber Discussion > Performance Discussion > Track Talk