Dodge Caliber Forums banner

2007 Dodge Caliber SE with no AC

11K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  jovanguerrero 
#1 ·
I bought a 2007 Dodge Caliber SE from an auction online and I realize now that I must not take anything for granted. The car came without A/C. It was taken down to the dealer and the VIN is showing up that it did indeed came from the factory without. I think it is just ridiculous to even sell a car this day and age without A/C.

Without A/C, in these hot temperatures, won't cut it. Is it possible to have the A/C put in at this time? I have access to a caliber that was rolled over and all the parts for the A/C is in it. I am curious to know if it can be easily adapted provided I have all the parts.

If so, is there anything I should know about before I have it installed such as maybe a computer reset or activation? I would like to know as much as possible before I decide to put in it or not. IS it worth the hassle and cost?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I dont think anyone on here has ever done it before, but you would need to change quite a lot to switch it over. Condenser, compressor, lines, new HVAC switch(assuming the wiring is there for the a/c button) and i would just about guarantee that the computer would need to be reflashed at the dealer.

#5 ·
So I found a caliber that was rolled over and managed to get all the parts from that car and installed in the car with no AC. We connected the wires directly and managed to get the AC going. When we connected it using the wires the car came with we found out that all the plugs are dead with no power.

It now appears that the switches to the unit is dead. There is no power running to the connectors. I took it to the dealer and he attempted to flash it over but was unable to open the AC ports. I can only assume that because the car came with all the plugs in place that the computer would allow for the AC. I am not sure if I can trust the dealer. I feel like he does not know what he is doing.

He is asking to now get the computer and the TCM/TPM something like that and he can reset that to suit the car.

Do you guys know if the computer that came with the car has the capacity to have the AC opened?

#6 ·
Do you guys know if the computer that came with the car has the capacity to have the AC opened?
I HIGHLY doubt that the computer is different from a caliber with ac and a caliber without ac..

With these cars, you never know though.. EVERYTHING is done through electronics..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.