All about HID's.stop searching! - Dodge Caliber Forums
FAQ Forums This area is dedicated to FAQ about your Caliber.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
erich82
Senior Member
Points: 12,909, Level: 74 Points: 12,909, Level: 74 Points: 12,909, Level: 74
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 533
Thanked 470 Times in 348 Posts
(Thread Starter)
All about HID's.stop searching!

Ok So im going to put everything in one thread, so maybe people will stop searching for HID's.

Please read all these threads before starting a new one on HID's.

HIDs will flicker on the headlamps for the Caliber. You need to run a wire from the parking light signal to the lowbeam, please read threads on how to.

https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4637
https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7948

https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7694
https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8243

Why not to install HID's
https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8464

This is the how to from Mattyice for the flicker problem
https://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=7488

Hopefully people will stop posting about HID flickering problems now lol.

'08 Black CSRT4
NAV/Sunroof/Polished Rims
MS1
ED SRI
AVIC F90BT / Infinity speakers
erich82 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erich82 For This Useful Post:
leepen (09-13-2008), UN4GTBL (09-12-2008)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 06:12 PM
UN4GTBL
Super Moderator
Points: 442,339, Level: 100 Points: 442,339, Level: 100 Points: 442,339, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
UN4GTBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 29,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 14,711
Thanked 6,278 Times in 5,131 Posts
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Great job! Stickied!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTEngineers
We like the Vette! ... Best damn girl's car ever made.
UN4GTBL is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 09-12-2008, 07:20 PM
leesrt
Senior Member
Points: 15,575, Level: 80 Points: 15,575, Level: 80 Points: 15,575, Level: 80
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
leesrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 13
Thanked 665 Times in 421 Posts
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Amen and hallelujah!

2008 SRT-4Mopar BOP, K&N filter, 21% tint, Apexi Super Ground, NGK Iridium IX's, DEI heat shield, modified airbox, Mopar strut brace, AGP WG, MS1

Audio: Alpine CDA-9885, Alpine Sirius interface to Sportster 4, Alpine S speakers all around, Crossfire 320W 4ch amp and Memphis PR sub amp custom installed in spare tire well, Stinger 1F Cap, JL cables throughout, Crossfire P110 sub, Bass knob installed in dash, Memphis tweeters with crossovers.
leesrt is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 09-13-2008, 12:39 AM
egk69
Senior Member
Points: 10,381, Level: 67 Points: 10,381, Level: 67 Points: 10,381, Level: 67
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
egk69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PR di' Best!
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 140
Thanked 201 Times in 149 Posts
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Yep, I can say I use Matty's solution it works perfectly!!

BTW: Were the Heck is him?, i havent seen him around, did he leave the forums just like totmatcher!? damn!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
@ U!
egk69 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 09-13-2008, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
erich82
Senior Member
Points: 12,909, Level: 74 Points: 12,909, Level: 74 Points: 12,909, Level: 74
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 533
Thanked 470 Times in 348 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by egk69 View Post
Yep, I can say I use Matty's solution it works perfectly!!

BTW: Were the Heck is him?, i havent seen him around, did he leave the forums just like totmatcher!? damn!!
Yeah i haven't seen him around very much either..maybe he's on vacation?
erich82 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
nd4spd 4 a srt4
Senior Member
Points: 7,511, Level: 57 Points: 7,511, Level: 57 Points: 7,511, Level: 57
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
nd4spd 4 a srt4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington,ny
Posts: 698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 101
Thanked 140 Times in 78 Posts
Send a message via AIM to nd4spd 4 a srt4 Send a message via MSN to nd4spd 4 a srt4
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Digital xenon ballast with a single relay harness like what comes with most kits today Do Not Flicker. I'm using the Power and ground from the Low beam harness. Works perfect.
This is also a non-bixenon kit. Single bulb.

Just another option

bye bye caliber
nd4spd 4 a srt4 is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 09-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Kevin_ACR
Senior Member
Points: 2,585, Level: 30 Points: 2,585, Level: 30 Points: 2,585, Level: 30
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

So just to sum this up, the day time running lights use 7 volts there for you cannot use HID's that are plug and play?

I am eventually going to do a projector retrofit, using a relay and using the low beam to switch the relay will not work? Is this because the car turns on the lights whenever it feels like it (like unlocking the doors ect)? I wanted to use the low beam because A) I don't want to cut at my harness and B) I would like to be able to operate the fog lights without using my low beams. I don't know if my car has day time running lights. If I unlock my car and open the door the headlights come on, but when I close the door and start the car they turn off. When its night time and I have been driving with the headlights on, I turn the car off and get out, the lights are still on for a short period of time. I am sorry I am a noob to the whole day time running lights, my neon didn't have this feature so I just used the lowbeams for my retro.

I read all the links and they are helpful, but I am looking for the reason WHY you can't use the stock low beams and if the flickering problem just applies to people who are using plug and play units and not using a relay.
Kevin_ACR is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM
UN4GTBL
Super Moderator
Points: 442,339, Level: 100 Points: 442,339, Level: 100 Points: 442,339, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
UN4GTBL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 29,879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 14,711
Thanked 6,278 Times in 5,131 Posts
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_ACR View Post
So just to sum this up, the day time running lights use 7 volts there for you cannot use HID's that are plug and play?

I am eventually going to do a projector retrofit, using a relay and using the low beam to switch the relay will not work? Is this because the car turns on the lights whenever it feels like it (like unlocking the doors ect)? I wanted to use the low beam because A) I don't want to cut at my harness and B) I would like to be able to operate the fog lights without using my low beams. I don't know if my car has day time running lights. If I unlock my car and open the door the headlights come on, but when I close the door and start the car they turn off. When its night time and I have been driving with the headlights on, I turn the car off and get out, the lights are still on for a short period of time. I am sorry I am a noob to the whole day time running lights, my neon didn't have this feature so I just used the lowbeams for my retro.

I read all the links and they are helpful, but I am looking for the reason WHY you can't use the stock low beams and if the flickering problem just applies to people who are using plug and play units and not using a relay.
How to check if you have day time running lights:

Start car, release the hand brake, make sure that your headlight switch is turned to the off position. Pull car up infront of a building, and you will see the whether the lights are on or not. You could also just start the car, and release the hand brake put the car in neutral, make sure that your headlight switch is set to the off position and get out (ON LEVEL GROUND so the car doesnt roll away) and see if the headlights are on. To further verify this, when the headlights are turned off, turn on a turnsignal, if you have DRL, the running light on the side of the turn signal will turn off until the turn signal stops flashing

When you unlock the car with the remote and the lights are on is not DRLs, neither is the fact that the headlights stay on for a bit after you turn the car off.
UN4GTBL is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Kevin_ACR
Senior Member
Points: 2,585, Level: 30 Points: 2,585, Level: 30 Points: 2,585, Level: 30
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 8
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
How to check if you have day time running lights:

Start car, release the hand brake, make sure that your headlight switch is turned to the off position. Pull car up infront of a building, and you will see the whether the lights are on or not. You could also just start the car, and release the hand brake put the car in neutral, make sure that your headlight switch is set to the off position and get out (ON LEVEL GROUND so the car doesnt roll away) and see if the headlights are on. To further verify this, when the headlights are turned off, turn on a turnsignal, if you have DRL, the running light on the side of the turn signal will turn off until the turn signal stops flashing

When you unlock the car with the remote and the lights are on is not DRLs, neither is the fact that the headlights stay on for a bit after you turn the car off.
Thank you for clarifying. So if you have DRL's you will have the problems, but without them you should be ok with a relay?
Kevin_ACR is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 09-25-2008, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
erich82
Senior Member
Points: 12,909, Level: 74 Points: 12,909, Level: 74 Points: 12,909, Level: 74
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Posts: 1,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 533
Thanked 470 Times in 348 Posts
(Thread Starter)
Re: All about HID's.stop searching!

Nope...even with a relay you have a problem. Only problem the DRL's cause is you have to either: a) run with light ON all the time b) run a switch to the HID's to manually be able to turn em off.
erich82 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Caliber Forums > FAQ / How To > FAQ Forums


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why HID's? geeknumb21 Appearance / Body Modifications 15 09-02-2008 05:43 PM
Switching to N at stop emmsmama General Caliber Discussion 21 06-13-2008 08:30 AM
One stop poll: Who does and does not have spark knock? quadrajet Problems / Dealer Service 18 03-04-2007 12:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome