Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Germaneon said:
For the top speed I think export models will get higher speeds than domestic models. Unlike domestic Neons my export Neons reach 130 mph before the speed governor catchs them.
Bastards!!! LOL J/K I don't think a dealer in NY even has one yet, I want my test drive:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
sonicman said:
edmunds.com (http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=115318)
just performed a full test of the AWD/2.4L/CVT2. 10.1 0-60mph. That is seriously unacceptable, especially from a brand that prides itself on its go fast, take no prisoners attitude. I'm sure part of it is the additional weight of the "AWD" system and the sluggish nature of the CVT, but how can you seriously put out a product like this? 10.1? that's prius range. that's slower than my mom's caravan.

I was looking forward to the R/T before i test drove one. Then i was looking forward to the manual R/T, but considering these performance numbers, i dont see how the manual fwd can be significantly faster. someone really messed up at dcx to greenlight the r/t with these specs and especially to produce the slowest version first and advertise it the most.

10.1. sad.
Car gets better MPG and acceleration as break in occurs. (Was their test vehicle a preproduction model??)

The FWD does not have the extra 300lb and drag that the AWD system incurs to the drivetrain. We can only speculate that the FWD version is better than the 2.0L SXT CVT2.

R/T FWD Late Availability mated to 2.4L CVT2 W/ Autostick
or 5 -Speed Manual. (One of those is actually what I am waiting for)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
umf said:
It's A Low Priced Car!!??:confused:
In addition, it is classy/sporty/well built/not too slow/large wheels/Amazing interior features and a new "low cost" engine. Since when could you get all of that and more in a car for that price in this year! It's under $20,000.00! Of course it will not be "Highly Impressive" on 0-60MPH! What you get for the price of this car is unbelievable. If you want speed....buy a "Fast/more expensive car" or mod it like 50% of the pop today. But that is just me :D
Well put there! I totally agree!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
It seemed to become another car at 800 miles, I cant wait to get 1500 on it, although I am going to hate to see it hit 1500.
I know, that is the sad part is watching the mileage increase everyday. I wish the cars can stay young forever...but oh well...

At least they are 800 trouble free...well with respect to maintenance not other booboos;)...miles!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.