Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 dodge caliber that was wrecked and had a bad intake manifold runner valve but the car would still crank and run just not well.
I recently replaced the runner valve and in reassembly of the car it beeped once and I realized that I did not take the battery cables off. Now when you put the key in the car and turn the switch it does nothing. All others electronics seem to work fine except for the panic button and lock/unlock buttons on the key fob no longer make the car sound out a noise. Now When you press the panic button it turns the flashers on but no sound. Before it made the alarm sound too. I've tried resetting the ignition with the fuse and tieing the battery cables together for awhile but no luck yet. Any ideas??
Also when you turn the switch to the on position to crank it there's no anti theft light coming on or anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2007 dodge caliber that was wrecked and had a bad intake manifold runner valve but the car would still crank and run just not well.
I recently replaced the runner valve and in reassembly of the car it beeped once and I realized that I did not take the battery cables off. Now when you put the key in the car and turn the switch it does nothing. All others electronics seem to work fine except for the panic button and lock/unlock buttons on the key fob no longer make the car sound out a noise. Now When you press the panic button it turns the flashers on but no sound. Before it made the alarm sound too. I've tried resetting the ignition with the fuse and tieing the battery cables together for awhile but no luck yet. Any ideas??
Also when you turn the switch to the on position to crank it there's no anti theft light coming on or anything.

Hi
I'm no car mechanic and I have problems with my 2009 Dodge Caliber too.
I don't know if my advise will help but did you change the battery on the key.
that's all I know about cars sorry, hopefully some will help you.
Have a wonderful day.

Kenny G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts