Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just thought I'd share my 07 Caliber R/T. I took delivery 7/15. It currently has about 400 miles on it. I wasn't really planning on buying a Caliber, I just saw it coming off of the truck at the dealer and had to have it. I negotiated a trade of wheels to the SXT sports + a $ credit towards the new SRT rims when they become available. I kind of like the SXT rims anyways. I own a Graphics/Sign place so I designed the graphics kit myself.. I toiled with about 40 different designs, and based on the cars lines, it is really the only thing that I think looked good... or at least tasteful. I think it gives it a rugged look. If there is enough interest I'll make it available for sale.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7

here is a list of what I have done to it:

Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust
Inferno red seat inserts and dash
Boston Acoustics Music Gate Sound System
Sirius Satellite Radio
Speed control and External Effects package
REC Navigation system
U-connect
Mopar Sport Utility bars and bike racks
R/T Grill emblem
Mopar High performance Air Filter
Caliber Daytona R/T Graphics kit"
Mopar Sport Utility racks + Fork mount bicycle carriers
Custom Bumper guard
Full Chrome Door Handles
Black emblems
Lluminar Tint (35%)
Tinted Tails/Headlights
Mopar Spoiler
Mopar Gas lid
Mopar Door sills
Mopar Premium mats w/Inferno red trim
Mopar Cargo carpet
Mopar Cargo cover (with custom Dodge applique)
Mopar Cargo bin
Mopar Bright Pedal kit
Mopar Sun shade

·
Registered
160 Posts
xcfisher said:
Hello all,

Just thought I'd share my 07 Caliber R/T. I took delivery 7/15. It currently has about 400 miles on it. I wasn't really planning on buying a Caliber, I just saw it coming off of the truck at the dealer and had to have it. I negotiated a trade of wheels to the SXT sports + a $ credit towards the new SRT rims when they become available. I kind of like the SXT rims anyways. I own a Graphics/Sign place so I designed the graphics kit myself.. I toiled with about 40 different designs, and based on the cars lines, it is really the only thing that I think looked good... or at least tasteful. I think it gives it a rugged look. If there is enough interest I'll make it available for sale.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4
Pic5
Pic6
Pic7

here is a list of what I have done to it:

Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust
Inferno red seat inserts and dash
Boston Acoustics Music Gate Sound System
Sirius Satellite Radio
Speed control and External Effects package
REC Navigation system
U-connect
Mopar Sport Utility bars and bike racks
R/T Grill emblem
Mopar High performance Air Filter
Caliber Daytona R/T Graphics kit"
Mopar Sport Utility racks + Fork mount bicycle carriers
Custom Bumper guard
Full Chrome Door Handles
Black emblems
Lluminar Tint (35%)
Tinted Tails/Headlights
Mopar Spoiler
Mopar Gas lid
Mopar Door sills
Mopar Premium mats w/Inferno red trim
Mopar Cargo carpet
Mopar Cargo cover (with custom Dodge applique)
Mopar Cargo bin
Mopar Bright Pedal kit
Mopar Sun shade
Thats one nice ride!! Seeing your car, the silver really starts to grow on me!

Maybe you'd be willing to share some details 'bout the Dodge applique at your cargo cover, and, even more interesting, 'bout those custom bumper guard.
Is that made of a special material or is it "only" a cut to size piece of black vinyl?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
258 Posts
sweet looking ride.... wish i had the extra $$$ for the r/t, but am perfectly happy with my sxt. like the r/t logo on the front grill, i would have done the same.

·
Registered
135 Posts
PAJeep said:
Very nice looking car. Can you make something like what is in this ebay link but for the Caliber? It's a factory item for Scion`s and I think would be well worth it for the Caliber. It is clear with a ghosted Scion image on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion-tC-Rear-bumper-Applique_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6755QQihZ016QQitemZ260018212931QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Oh and in ALLLL your spare time (sarcasm if you couldn't sense it ;) ) I have a friend who is dieing for some ghost flames

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments.

The trunk applique, as well as the Decklid piece, and the trim below the doors is made from vinyl, but a special vinyl that is meant to withstand abuse. It is matte, so that it doesn't look all 'shiny' and tacky, and those who have seen the car in person thought it was factory. I have used this on the Tonneau cover logo as well. I will probably put a kit together.

As for the bike racks, they are the factory rack and factory bike mounts from Mopar.

No CAI for now, I'm not much of a performance guy, but here's a tasty tidbit: With the Mopar filter and Magnaflow exhaust it was dynoed with a 9hp+12lb Torque increase. Not bad.

·
Registered
267 Posts
WOW, nice looking ride! That's the same color scheme (Silver Metallic w/ red inserts) that my R/T will be. Now I REALLY can't wait for mine to show up!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Nice set up Xcfisher!

xcfisher said:
Full Chrome Door Handles
Are those chrome handles those 3M chrome-covers or are they OEM chromies like what is on the Chrysler 300???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They are the Covers. It's funny, because when I first got the car, I didn't like any of the chrome period. I changed out the Side molding strips right away, and even tried to get the chrome strip off of the door handles. But after I put on the fuel door I changed my mind. I like the handle covers because they protect the stock handles from everyday wear and tear.

Here are a few more side pictures

pic 1

pic 2

·
Registered
142 Posts
Can you get some made with SXT on the side instead of the R/T? I would try them just to see how they look with my black rims. The rims are glossy though so Im not exactly sure it would look right.

·
Registered
258 Posts
jongunz said:
Can you get some made with SXT on the side instead of the R/T? I would try them just to see how they look with my black rims. The rims are glossy though so Im not exactly sure it would look right.
that's a great idea... that or custom text/stencil-type image......

·
Registered
258 Posts
xcfisher said:
Yes, I can do them in SXT, or whatever for that matter. If your interested let me know!
i'm interested... but how much would something like this cost??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts