Dodge Caliber Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Ok as a mechanic for mitsubishi, i got the answer to you srt4evah and you bguild, bguild your right, mitsu and dodge are 95 percent the same motor wise, and your question was not dumb, when the 08 srt4 caliber comes out both the lancer and the caliber will share the same performance mod anyway because Mitsu, just like it always been with dodge's turbo 4 cylinders, will build it anyway! So therefore , everything will be the same , just that of coarse, the Evo will be better, but your can have the exact same car with the caliber but more weight and maybe no awd, unless dodge is going to get mitsu to build that for them later on! But they are the same, and share a high percentage of the same mods also!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
and for your answer of why Mitsu parts are better than dodge srt4evah, Mitsu parts have better build quality rather then the crappy mopar parts, now we all know the japanese are genuis when it comes to 4 clylinder cars we are not! well look at the evo, its a rocket, dodge couldnt build a car like that without the help of Mitsu, just like with our caliber, we didnt build it,they did ,so why not use thieir parts on something they built already!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
raylc1981 said:
Ok as a mechanic for mitsubishi, i got the answer to you srt4evah and you bguild, bguild your right, mitsu and dodge are 95 percent the same motor wise, and your question was not dumb, when the 08 srt4 caliber comes out both the lancer and the caliber will share the same performance mod anyway because Mitsu, just like it always been with dodge's turbo 4 cylinders, will build it anyway! So therefore , everything will be the same , just that of coarse, the Evo will be better, but your can have the exact same car with the caliber but more weight and maybe no awd, unless dodge is going to get mitsu to build that for them later on! But they are the same, and share a high percentage of the same mods also!
THANK YOU MY POINT PROVEN. raylc1981.. thanks for doing some research. I am going to measure my pulley this next week and I have been email RRM about there pulley. I might try buying it and bolting it on with thier CAI. I will post if they work if I can scrounge up the money soon to do the modification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Well because the se,sxt and R/T calibers were not designed as high performance vehicles. Why would mopar put out high performance parts for them. Eventually aftermarket may catch up but i wouldnt bet on it.
As for there being more to these engines... of course. They are modular engines though and if the shortblock is the same then no holds bars. OEM parts have allways been a source for tuners and basterdized motors are VERY common.
Neither are the Lancer DE, ES, or GTS designed as high performance vehicles. The Lancer has the EVO, and the Caliber has the SRT4.

If you want OEM parts for the Caliber, why would you not take them from the SRT4? I'm sure the R/T 5-speed manual would bolt in quite easily to the 2.0L SXT engine, which is what bguild mentioned as being one of the most desirable parts to try to graft from the Lancer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
raylc1981 said:
and for your answer of why Mitsu parts are better than dodge srt4evah, Mitsu parts have better build quality rather then the crappy mopar parts, now we all know the japanese are genuis when it comes to 4 clylinder cars we are not! well look at the evo, its a rocket, dodge couldnt build a car like that without the help of Mitsu, just like with our caliber, we didnt build it,they did ,so why not use thieir parts on something they built already!
You're way off. Just because you can change the oil on a car doesn't mean you know what the thousands of engineers that Chrysler Group employs are capable of.

First of all, you're COMPLETELY wrong in thinking that Dodge could not build a car like the EVO. They could easily build a better car, but the corporate decision makers do not want to go for that market right now. They won't spend the money to compete with that car because they don't feel like they could make money out of that.

And what the hell are you talking about, Mitsu build our Caliber?!?! You're out of your mind man, seriously! Just because there are shared components and collaboration on the design doesn't mean Mitsu built it! That's totally insane, they worked together on certain common design items, like the block, and engine internals, but you have absolutely no qualification to say who designed what in those cars, nor do I, which is why I'm not stupid enough to make such a statement.

What the hell do you think the Dodge SRT-4 was? Mitsubishi had NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT CAR, other than providing the turbocharger for it! Seriously, and you can replace that turbo with a Garrett turbo and suddenly there is NOTHING from Mitsu on the car! How can you say they "designed the engine" for the SRT-4? Mitsu has designed a lot of cars that Dodge has sold in the past, like the Stratus, Stealth, Avenger, Talon (Eagle), but they did NOT build the SRT-4, and they did NOT design or build the Caliber or the Caliber SRT4, that's ludicrous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
bguild said:
THANK YOU MY POINT PROVEN. raylc1981.. thanks for doing some research. I am going to measure my pulley this next week and I have been email RRM about there pulley. I might try buying it and bolting it on with thier CAI. I will post if they work if I can scrounge up the money soon to do the modification.
Yeah great idea, bolt on a Mitsubishi CAI instead of the Mopar CAI, I'm sure it will give you 50 more HP at the wheels... you should see if you can get an EVO X badge for your trunk too... :rolleyes:

Especially since, as Ray pointed out, Mopar builds "crappy" parts. Hey Ray, guess who build the exhaust system for Mopar? And the CAI? Did you know that Mopar doesn't usually build their own parts, they usually use companies like AEM, KW, and Eibach to build their parts? Then they do thousands of hours of quality testing on them to make sure that Mopar parts work well with the cars that THEY designed and built, since obviously nobody knows their cars better than they do.

And as far as the similarities in the Mitsu 2.0L and the Dodge 2.0L, can you even tell me who designed the VVT on the Dodge? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Mitsubishi...

Dude, come out of left field when you have a moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
only reason mitsubishi is even mentioned in the development of the caliber is the joint development of the world engine with hyundai and the world car platform.
Im somewhat with srt4evah about using the mitsubishi CAI vs the mopar one... unless the mitsubishi one is cheaper there really is no point but to each his/her own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
bguild said:
THANK YOU MY POINT PROVEN. raylc1981.. thanks for doing some research. I am going to measure my pulley this next week and I have been email RRM about there pulley. I might try buying it and bolting it on with thier CAI. I will post if they work if I can scrounge up the money soon to do the modification.
Thats FUNNY? Research? Where do you see any proof of where he got his info from? Cause he WORKS at Joe's Mitsubshi in BumF*%K Egypt? LOL.

Point is you were soo Lancer this and Lancer that. I think srt is right you would prolly put an EVO X badge on your car if you did ever do the things your thinking about. LOL LOL LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
srt4evah said:
Neither are the Lancer DE, ES, or GTS designed as high performance vehicles. The Lancer has the EVO, and the Caliber has the SRT4.

If you want OEM parts for the Caliber, why would you not take them from the SRT4? I'm sure the R/T 5-speed manual would bolt in quite easily to the 2.0L SXT engine, which is what bguild mentioned as being one of the most desirable parts to try to graft from the Lancer.
Maybe my ideas differ from his... im looking at the EVO.. i have no interest in the standard lancer... nothing special about that drivetrain. The EVO with its AWD Getrag drivetrain gets my juices flowing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Okay guys arent all these companies owned by the chrysler group? You guys are saying why not Mopar why not Mopar this.. dumbass's its the same crap. I am done posting on this forums. I have never in my life seen this kind of hatred towards a simple and resonable ques. Seriously move on why does it bother you so bad I wonder if lancer aftermarket parts will fit on my Caliber. Who cares??? I dont care what the hell you do so why should you care what I want to do. All it would do is further HP or advance what is possibly out of the otherwise boring caliber. Oh well I guess you dont get me and I dont get you. I assume since they are both the same engine block MOPAR owns them all anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
These are no different than Mazda to Ford. Same company.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
and by the way.. The regular Lancer and the Evo are going to all have the same engine but the EVO will be turbo'd... So when I say Lancer I am meaning the 2.0 block the same we have in the caliber 2.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
bguild said:
Okay guys arent all these companies owned by the chrysler group? You guys are saying why not Mopar why not Mopar this.. dumbass's its the same crap. I am done posting on this forums. I have never in my life seen this kind of hatred towards a simple and resonable ques. Seriously move on why does it bother you so bad I wonder if lancer aftermarket parts will fit on my Caliber. Who cares??? I dont care what the hell you do so why should you care what I want to do. All it would do is further HP or advance what is possibly out of the otherwise boring caliber. Oh well I guess you dont get me and I dont get you. I assume since they are both the same engine block MOPAR owns them all anyway.
Dude, Mitsubishi is NOT owned by Chrysler Group. Ok? There I didn't even say it in a mean way.

You are not getting any hatred from me, what you feel is embarrassment for asking silly questions.

You can't explain why Lancer parts or even EVO parts would be better for your car than Mopar or SRT parts, and you feel salty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
Fingernipp said:
Maybe my ideas differ from his... im looking at the EVO.. i have no interest in the standard lancer... nothing special about that drivetrain. The EVO with its AWD Getrag drivetrain gets my juices flowing.
Uh yah, I can kinda see that, but I seriously think you'll have a far better vehicle if you just buy an EVO than try to transplant that all into the Caliber. The amount of money it would cost to convert the car to AWD, and get all the electronics to play properly, plus adding the extra weight of the AWD, the EVO will still be a better car for sure.

It's possible, but I don't think you'd be happy with the result if you did that. Maybe the motor alone, if you prefer 2.0L turbo's over 2.4L turbo's, but it would probably be a lot cheaper to just turbo your own 2.0L with a kit, I'm sure they'll be coming for the Calibers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So what Mitsu and Dodge just use each others engines??? The galant uses a chrysler engine??? Weird but I am pretty sure a nike shoe wont borrow a reebok sole just cause there helping each other out. Basically if Chrysler dosent still own them there is defenitly some money ties still there.. If you dont think that is true then you really are a fool.

As for trying to fit an EVO motor into a Caliber sure probably could be done. I have never wanted to do that. All I was trying to figure out is if the RRM intake and Pulley would fit my Caliber. Yeah I know Mopar makes a CAI to be honest its overpriced.

Also as for the VVT from what I understand its the same as the MIVEC on the Mitsu. Anyway whatever.. I still dont know why this was a stupid question since they use the same motor. To me you trying to stir crap makes you look more stupid than I. I dont really care just wish you could learn to be quiet if you cant be helpful. I am just an average everyday joe that went from a high HP car to this Piece of crap because my wife is having a baby in a week and I am trying to make the car a little faster just cause I want it to be something its not. If I stick to what Mopar Offers I get a CAI that does nothing but make more sound and I can get some headers and exhaust which will probably gain 10 hp (maybe) and make my car sound like crap. Anyway there is nothing offered for these cars besides that. I was trying to stir some interest that would further the knowledge about the 2.0 we have in our cars. If the lancer market can be swapped back and fourth then we get performance parts quicker. It would be nice for the performance car market to make one header that works for the lancer caliber patriot and compass. Performance car parts are built through knowledge and demand. Having the Lancer market on board with the caliber market doubles the demand and doubles the knowledge which equals better performance parts.

Anyway guys thanks for so much for all your help. Its really made the hard decision of selling my dream car to get this hunk of junk a great one. the caliber group so far has been a very welcoming and knowledgable group. Thanks for the open arms...atleast the person giving me crap dosent even own one. Seriously rediculous. Cheers! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
bguild said:
These are no different than Mazda to Ford. Same company.
See there you go making up totally crazy stuff.

Welcome to 2 years ago: http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001478404

"DaimlerChrysler AG today divested itself of its stake in Mitsubishi Corp., including Mitsubishi Motors North America, according to a company statement."

The still worked together on some projects, but they aren't sharing anything for free, they're jointly investing in some things like the basic platform technology and the basic engine technology. NOT like Mazda and Ford, Ford took the Mazda6 and slapped new body panels on it and called it the Fusion, you won't ever see anything like that between Mitsu and Dodge ever again.

build said:
and by the way.. The regular Lancer and the Evo are going to all have the same engine but the EVO will be turbo'd... So when I say Lancer I am meaning the 2.0 block the same we have in the caliber 2.0
Again, do you have any idea what you're talking about? Do you know how many parts there are in an engine BESIDES the block???

Try doing some research, I did, and I found that the bore, stroke, AND compression ratio for the 2.0L Lancer engine and 2.0L Caliber engine are all different. Caliber has a 10.5:1 compression ration, 3.39x3.39 bore and stroke, Lancer has a 10:1, 3.40x3.40 bore and stroke, and no it's not "close enough", you can't change stuff around like that in an engine, these things are built with extremely tight tolerances.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
thanks again for open arms-----Asshole
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
bguild said:
So what Mitsu and Dodge just use each others engines??? The galant uses a chrysler engine??? Weird but I am pretty sure a nike shoe wont borrow a reebok sole just cause there helping each other out. Basically if Chrysler dosent still own them there is defenitly some money ties still there.. If you dont think that is true then you really are a fool.

As for trying to fit an EVO motor into a Caliber sure probably could be done. I have never wanted to do that. All I was trying to figure out is if the RRM intake and Pulley would fit my Caliber. Yeah I know Mopar makes a CAI to be honest its overpriced.

Also as for the VVT from what I understand its the same as the MIVEC on the Mitsu. Anyway whatever.. I still dont know why this was a stupid question since they use the same motor. To me you trying to stir crap makes you look more stupid than I. I dont really care just wish you could learn to be quiet if you cant be helpful. I am just an average everyday joe that went from a high HP car to this Piece of crap because my wife is having a baby in a week and I am trying to make the car a little faster just cause I want it to be something its not. If I stick to what Mopar Offers I get a CAI that does nothing but make more sound and I can get some headers and exhaust which will probably gain 10 hp (maybe) and make my car sound like crap. Anyway there is nothing offered for these cars besides that. I was trying to stir some interest that would further the knowledge about the 2.0 we have in our cars. If the lancer market can be swapped back and fourth then we get performance parts quicker. It would be nice for the performance car market to make one header that works for the lancer caliber patriot and compass. Performance car parts are built through knowledge and demand. Having the Lancer market on board with the caliber market doubles the demand and doubles the knowledge which equals better performance parts.

Anyway guys thanks for so much for all your help. Its really made the hard decision of selling my dream car to get this hunk of junk a great one. the caliber group so far has been a very welcoming and knowledgable group. Thanks for the open arms...atleast the person giving me crap dosent even own one. Seriously rediculous. Cheers! :mad:
Yeah, and it's spelled ridiculous. I'm not trying to make you feel bad man, I'm trying to help you realize that you're barking up the wrong tree looking for Lancer parts for your Caliber. Take something from the SRT, or take something from Mopar, and if you think those are too expensive, then buy them from whoever makes them for Mopar.

Here's some more knowledge I'll share with you, and whether or not you like the way I've been talking to you, I've been giving you a lot of correct information to think about:

Mopar's Catback recent exhausts have been made by Borla and Corsa, and you can buy them from Borla or Corsa for a couple hundred less than Mopar

Mopar's coilovers have been made by KW, and you can buy them from KW for a couple hundred less than Mopar

Mopar's CAI's have been made by AEM, and you can buy them for maybe $20-50 less from AEM

My point is, because Mopar is making the parts doesn't mean you have to pay Mopar prices.

Think about it this way, first of all, NO CAI is going to give you a dramatic change in horsepower, and the difference betweenthe best CAI and the worst CAI for the Caliber couldn't possibly be more than 1-2hp, at the outside. The CAI itself is good for maybe 3-5HP, so Mopar or Lancer, you're not going to get 10HP out of it. Same goes for the exhaust and headers, the best possible design is only going to net you 2-3 more HP than the average design, and the best design is probably going to be the one from the people that make the car, Mopar/CG.
 
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Top