Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!

i ordered my crd sxt with the basic-radio, which comes in my case with no aux-jack...

it looks exactly like the 6-disc-model but lacks the disc-changer.

and in austria we do not have a audio-option at all, but the navi...

now i wonder whether there is a aux or lin-in on the back of that 1-disc-with-no-front-panel-aux-radio...

·
Registered
115 Posts
thrhymes said:
hello!

i ordered my crd sxt with the basic-radio, which comes in my case with no aux-jack...

it looks exactly like the 6-disc-model but lacks the disc-changer.

and in austria we do not have a audio-option at all, but the navi...

now i wonder whether there is a aux or lin-in on the back of that 1-disc-with-no-front-panel-aux-radio...
There are three model radios in the US. That can come on the cali. If you get one without a six disc, and no aux, that means that you have the single disk with mp3 player built in. Your head unit will play mp3 CDs, so it is not nessary to have an aux jack. An mp3 cd can hold up to like 150 songs or somthing like that.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, thanx man.. that takes away my grief...

it does not say anything about mp3 on it or in the detailed car-description...
well, know i think about keeping it :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
playB0Y42 said:
There are three model radios in the US. That can come on the cali. If you get one without a six disc, and no aux, that means that you have the single disk with mp3 player built in. Your head unit will play mp3 CDs, so it is not nessary to have an aux jack. An mp3 cd can hold up to like 150 songs or somthing like that.
Learned something new today. Wasn't aware they had a single disc mp3 player. I replaced my single disc with the 6 disc mp3 player.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Actually you might want to look into this, you may have gotten an early radio or a mixup. The single CD radio prior to the Caliber did not have an AUX Jack. It will say MP3 on the face of the radio if it is compatible, as well as have the dot matrix display, an info button, and have the RDS logo on it.

The three radios are:
1) Standard - AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ CD, AUX Jack
2) Optional - AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ 6-Disc CD Changer, MP3 Capable
3) Optional - AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ 6-Disc CD Changer and Cassette, MP3 Capable

The single disc MP3 was only availabe in the round style radios.

·
Registered
115 Posts
tkyoshi said:
Actually you might want to look into this, you may have gotten an early radio or a mixup. The single CD radio prior to the Caliber did not have an AUX Jack. It will say MP3 on the face of the radio if it is compatible, as well as have the dot matrix display, an info button, and have the RDS logo on it.

The three radios are:
1) Standard - AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ CD, AUX Jack
2) Optional - AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ 6-Disc CD Changer, MP3 Capable
3) Optional - AM/FM Stereo Radio w/ 6-Disc CD Changer and Cassette, MP3 Capable

The single disc MP3 was only availabe in the round style radios.

Yup sorry my info was a little off

AM/FM Radio with Cassette, CD, 6-Disc Changer & MP3
$420.00

AM/FM Stereo Radio w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD/MP3 Player
$320.00

AM/FM/CD, Chgr Ctrl, Aux Input Jack

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess i have to wait and see then....

·
Registered
153 Posts
If your factory stereo can run a CD changer, there are devices that plug into the back of your stereo and give you either RCA inputs for like Sirius or an IPOD, or they even make one that gives you some control over your IPOD through your stereo. The stereo in my Dodge Ram truck has a Mode button which switches to the CD changer.

Check out Logjamelectronics, I have not purchased from there, but they have them.

I cannot post a link since I don't have enough posts, it keeps telling me that I need to have 15 posts to post a link.

On the left there is a link for Auxillary input converters and for Ipod interfaces. I have the Aux. Input Converter on my 2003 dodge truck, and it works awesome. It tricks the stereo to think there is a CD changer installed, and you get RCA inputs for your stereo. It just plugs in the back like a changer.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thx i am considering it....

soon.. soon i will know.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
FtK Shadow said:
If your factory stereo can run a CD changer, there are devices that plug into the back of your stereo and give you either RCA inputs for like Sirius or an IPOD, or they even make one that gives you some control over your IPOD through your stereo. The stereo in my Dodge Ram truck has a Mode button which switches to the CD changer.

Check out Logjamelectronics, I have not purchased from there, but they have them.

I cannot post a link since I don't have enough posts, it keeps telling me that I need to have 15 posts to post a link.

On the left there is a link for Auxillary input converters and for Ipod interfaces. I have the Aux. Input Converter on my 2003 dodge truck, and it works awesome. It tricks the stereo to think there is a CD changer installed, and you get RCA inputs for your stereo. It just plugs in the back like a changer.

Later

Mike
Unfortuantely in this case those accessories probably won't work. The Caliber uses a CAN Bus radio so it's a different system. This is why you can't use the current version of the Mopar iPod kit. There is a CAN Bus model of the iPod kit coming later this year.

You can try, but I don't think it will work, In addition there's no offical external changer currently for the CAN Bus radios. Despite some literature saying the 1-Disc radio has "Chgr control", there's no changer controls on the radio. It will only switch between CD and Sirius (If Equipped).

The mopar iPod kit does have an AUX jack (for the iPod Shuffle) though so if you can wait, that will give you the best solution with the factory radio.

Edit: Looks like there are some kits that will emulate Sirius if you don't have it and you can get AUX in that way too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i decided to wait a bit... at the moment i am concidering building my own car-pc-system there should be some stuff about theat bus-system, making sense for what i plan to do...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts