Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...So the story goes....
My Caliber has been at the dealer for almost 10 days now. It first went in to have Sirius, MobileIQ and alarm installed, a "normal" 1.5 day fix.

While working on the car the techs broke one panel, ran over one panel with another auto and bent a third. These all had to be ordered and took different times to arrive form some "back East" whse.

Sometime during the install they tapped into something they should not have and threw a code as well as set the airbag light off. During the last 5 days they have supposedly been working on the electrical trying to get the code and airbag sensor to reset.

I talked w the Service Mgr. today and he said that his technicians were "stumped" they have pulled and reinstalled EVERYTHING as well as completely reset everything in the computer that can be reset. They are now talking with Chrysler directly trying to fix it.

I think they have had more than enough time...Any ideas from the forum on what I should do next? What are my options at this point? :mad:

JA

·
Registered
82 Posts
You can kick and scream and holla, but in the end... you just bend over :)

Have you talked to them about some compensation for loss of the vehicle, payment wise or maybe some mopar gift cert? Try it out, it doesnt cost the dealer anything so they are more apt to hand out the goodies

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I would say if they can't fix it soon, they should replace your vehicle with one either exactly the same or with more options. Like maybe one with Siruis and alarm factory installed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts