Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Long story short.. After two years, and going through a few car washes that i shouldnt have, bad weather, etc, i had some pretty bad scratching in the clearcoat..

I did quite a bit of research, got all of my products in order, and set to work..

Everything i did, was by hand. Next year, after winter, im planning on buying a dual action polisher, and working on the car again, to get some of the scratches out that i just couldnt get by hand.

Anyway, here are some pictures, before and after.

Before:

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After Continued:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Products used:

Note: I wound up not using the #7 glaze, and not pictured is the Ultimate Compound, or car wash that i used.

It rained yesterday, so once i wash it today ill post some pictures of it in the sunlight :bigthumb:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow, looks really nice. Amazing what a little elbow grease and good products can do for a car.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lookin good! Now you just gotta leave in in that garage forever after spending 10+ hours!
I wish..

I did the detail friday night going into saturday morning, had to go into work on saturday to help because the owner of the dealer i work at wasnt there, then went out later that night and it poured

But, i washed it today, and its been in the garage since. About an hour after i washed it, it poured again :rofl:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah its gonna be raining here for the next week or so.

thankfully i finally bought new wiper blades last week, so i'll be able to see again lol
Yea.. apparently they changed the forecast, and now its supposed to rain tomorrow too..

I bought new wiper blades about a week or two ago.. It definitely helps

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Yea.. apparently they changed the forecast, and now its supposed to rain tomorrow too..

I bought new wiper blades about a week or two ago.. It definitely helps
yeah i've been meaning to since before you bought yours, but i finally went to the store last thursday and got them. went home and installed them...and then parked my car for the weekend while i was sick :lol:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i've been meaning to since before you bought yours, but i finally went to the store last thursday and got them. went home and installed them...and then parked my car for the weekend while i was sick :lol:
Lol, well at least it got done

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Yep, and im going to use my to their fullest today too :rofl:

60+mph winds and severe thunderstorms should make the drive to work oh so fun

Id have to think about it :rofl:
oh i know, its gonna be nasty today

i'm trying to figure out how to sneak my car into the front lobby of the building where i work. i'm pretty sure nobody will notice :rofl:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thanks!

I normally put a coat of back to black on them, and it works Ok, not the greatest though. I hate the roof rails lol
Forever black is a once a year kind of thing, and back to black is a once a car wash kind of thing. Using forever black is a similar treatment for the plastic like you just did for your paint.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts