Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were just talking to a dealership about a Caliber and they offered to get one for us at a 10% mark up! That doesn't sound right. :mad: Has anyone else had to pay more for their Caliber than the MSRP?

If that's the case with all dealers, then I guess we won't be getting a Caliber after all. At least, not until the cost is lowered.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sadly, you're not the only person with such a story. Go to another dealer, seems some are a little more honest than others.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bought the wife's SXT for MSRP and our dealer traded and got it from another dealer 90 miles away. Paid $200 over invoice for my SXT Sport. Dealer also got that one from another out of town dealer. Delivered both free.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Similyn said:
We were just talking to a dealership about a Caliber and they offered to get one for us at a 10% mark up! That doesn't sound right. :mad: Has anyone else had to pay more for their Caliber than the MSRP?

If that's the case with all dealers, then I guess we won't be getting a Caliber after all. At least, not until the cost is lowered.
IMPORTANT: It is illegal to charge in excess of MSRP in Canada. Make sure your dealer is aware of this. DCX would be very interested in hearing about this.

EDIT: US customers, you're not as lucky. Some dealers will stick you for whatever they think the market will bear.

Medic

·
Registered
361 Posts
Medic said:
IMPORTANT: It is illegal to charge in excess of MSRP in Canada. Make sure your dealer is aware of this. DCX would be very interested in hearing about this.
That explains various fees:
Administration Fee
Advertising Fee
Documentaion Fee
Prep Fee
Customer Loyalty Fee
You Bought Your Car on *insert day of the week here* Fee
You Used A Rebate Fee (Equal to the amount of the rebate oddly enough)
Overcharge Fee
Fee Calculation Fee

Gotta make a buck some where :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got mine about a month ago for $500 under the sticker price. But I went on the last day of the month about 3 hours before closing time. They wanted to get rid of what they had on the lot, so they agreed to cut the price a bit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
sxt sport
19,100 sticker
paid 18 even
mom works for tyco
that dealer sucks!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
In the UK we tend to pay les than the MRSP. Although ive only managed to get £200 off of the Cali as they are selling like hot cakes.

However, we also have the highest MRSP's in the world it seems. Although we do get high spec model line ups sometimes.

My Cali is a diesel and they cost about £1000 more then the petrol version.

MRSP was £15260 on the road for a black CRD SXT. ($27,773.2 - ouch, wish i handnt checked now)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I paid sticker for mine. I wanted to haggle, but they were already giving me $200 for my old car (which is a lot considering it was immobile).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dewilt In hamilton, On has a very good price on Calibers they never charge over the MSRP its Illegal to do so. For a good Price go in and See Rob 905-312-0090 Ext:132

1 - 14 of 14 Posts