Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so it's super 100% official i pick up my baby tomorrow at 2 pm... i am currently on another one of those 24 hour duty shifts just waiting for the next 5 hours to go by so i can sleep for 4 get up and go get my car. then on monday she is going on a super awesome international road trip from mainz germany to vincenza italy. its gonna be awesome. me my girl and my cousin are making the drive. i will post pics tomorrow as soon as i get back. thank you all for all your support and making my wait bearable. I can't wait to get into the aftermarket now... that is gonna be sweet!!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
congrads and i say hallo to the good old germany ,i come from germany salzgitter ,but live since 1992 in canada ,have a nice trip and have fun on the autobahn (i wish they change the speed limit here ))Alles Gute Thomas:D

·
Registered
226 Posts
YAY! Congrats! You better post up some great pictures from that road trip too!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Congrats Mudstone! What a great way to christen your new car. I've been following your threads and know how long you've waited. Some of the newer people on the forum may not feel so bad if they looked at your old threads.

As per Muzzysgirl, we would apprecriate pics of the car and road trip. It's going to be hard but take it a little easy for the first few 100km:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
wow ! you ordered 14th Dec 2005 ! man you have had one looong 8 month wait. I hope that you enjoy your new Caliber.

·
Registered
198 Posts
xlr8 said:
wow ! you ordered 14th Dec 2005 ! man you have had one looong 8 month wait.
WOW! Patience is a virtue. You mus tbe an angel!

We asked the sales dude to put on the bill of sale, "NO DEALER WAX"!! Not worth the risk having a shop rag used to scratch the new paint.

Be sure to pack:

- sunglasses
- a new CD/MP3
- a smile!

Enjoy the ride home, that's the best part!! :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats mudstone!!! You have waited long enough. Have a good trip and be safe. I ordered mine 6.6.06 and will take delivery in the next few days.

·
Registered
746 Posts
finally!! holy crap mudstone you must be the happiest guy on the face of the planet right now. unless of course you're currently asleep... if so, in four hours time you'll be the happiest guy on the face of the planet. ok there... now you know the drill!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great news.... get them pics posted quick... (Congrats BTW)...:D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Congradulations on finally getting your Caliber shipped over there. Knowing your views on exhaust mods maybe this could be your first. Just kidding, mia amigo, have a safe trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok... here's the scoop on my first 175 miles... all put on in once day cept for the first 6 lol... my headlights are WAAAAAY too high... i can see great but oncoming traffic flashes me constantly. The manual tranny feels like absolute butter.. its a little stiff since its new but it's getting beter and better every mile. The stock tires i feel don't have a lot of dry road grip. though in the rain they aren't that bad. ride is beautifuly smooth. the music gate sound is AMAZING sunroof rocks hard. lets see oh my temp guage in the dash has got to be WAAAAAY wrong. gotta get that fixed as well as the chill zone thingy it slides really easilly... MY MAIN PROBLEM IS NOT DRIVING THE PISS OUT OF THE THING LOL.... its waaay funn to drive the marine blue is beautiful.

I notice that i def need to get my 1.8L some more air... she seems suffocated. that little opening BOOO and what the hell is that like protrusion on top of the battery cover? thank you all for the support and keeping my sanity. i love all of you!! lol i'm gonna send a PATOOTY LOAD of pics as soon as we get back from italy... talk to you all soon

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok i just got finished taking a bunch of pictures... with my cousin's digital camera and i ask her "do you have all the **** so that i can get these pictures on my computer?" yea yea well turns out... guess what... i can't get them off the comp and now it's too dark so tomorrow i will be getting you guys some much needed pics provided i have the time cuz i pick up my g/f in frankfurt in the morning...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I got to ask....was it worth the long wait to get the Calibre ? and would you have waited for say a Toyota, Hyundai or something similar for the same amount of time?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so yes the wait was worth it... however i have some bad news about my cali.... 2 nites ago we were in a small street with parking on both sides... i stopped waiting for an open space and this german guy in a mercedes backed into my driver rear door fender and bumper.... it's all scratched and dented and the rim is scratched all to ****.... gay... german polezei said it was the other driver's fault so his insurance is gonna have to pay for it... still now i leave for italy tomorrow with a scratched up dented cali :( after owning it for not even 2 days... other than that... only complaint is the headlight adjustment needed.... well worth it... love this car

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations Mudstone!

I'm very sorry to hear your unfortune with your new Caliber. Sometimes these things just happen. I borrowed my fathers V6 Mondeo because my car was on maintenance. I was driving Mondeo on the highway when the rock hit my window. It cost 150 euros to change it. After that my wife borrowed his car and crashed to another car...:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry to hear about the shunt into your new Cali.

At least the other drivers insurance is going to pay.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts