Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... it's finally here!

Steel Blue SXT. Leather, MusicGate, Driver's Convenience Pkg, Security Pkg. Ordered March 28th and arrived yesterday! Barely got a chance to drive it because I had to work all day. Oh well. Some points to mention:

1. It has the chrome grille! I was expecting body colour.. Maybe it has to do with the order date?

2. Tire Pressure Monitor: I know I'm in Canada and we try to use Metric when possible, but I don't think I've ever used kilopascals in my life. Give me psi Dodge!

3. Haven't noticed any of the issues that others have mentioned. No pinging. armrest doesn't slide and actually takes a bit of force to move. ChillZone compartment stays open! Although I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

My wife stole my camera, so pics will be delayed until tomorrow. I hope you pic addicts can wait that long! *maniacal laugh*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
The Tire Pressure is in kilopascals for Canucks?????

Thats nuts. There has to be a way to change the measurement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
I think the colored grill was only for package E (Sport Appearance Package).

Congrats!

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
b0r0n said:
... 3. Haven't noticed any of the issues that others have mentioned. No pinging. armrest doesn't slide and actually takes a bit of force to move. ChillZone compartment stays open! Although I haven't had a chance to use it yet...
Perhaps these observations, along with the lengthy wait from order date, is reflective of the probability that the factory is reacting to some of the reported issues, addressing them, and correcting them during the production process (thereby contributing to some of the known delays?).

If so, that is great - better to fix them as production continues than to continue to make them with "issues".

By the wife - your wife "stole" your camera?

We'll all forgive her - for just one day... :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I can't imagine how tough it's been to wait.

Mia
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Chrome grill is part of the SXT pkg....thats why I went with SXT for the chrome :) My sister-in-law has the basic pkg. SE model I think it is and she has colored grill So chrome isnt a bad thing
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
400 Posts
b0r0n said:
... it's finally here!

Steel Blue SXT. Leather, MusicGate, Driver's Convenience Pkg, Security Pkg. Ordered March 28th and arrived yesterday! Barely got a chance to drive it because I had to work all day. Oh well. Some points to mention:

1. It has the chrome grille! I was expecting body colour.. Maybe it has to do with the order date?

2. Tire Pressure Monitor: I know I'm in Canada and we try to use Metric when possible, but I don't think I've ever used kilopascals in my life. Give me psi Dodge!

3. Haven't noticed any of the issues that others have mentioned. No pinging. armrest doesn't slide and actually takes a bit of force to move. ChillZone compartment stays open! Although I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

My wife stole my camera, so pics will be delayed until tomorrow. I hope you pic addicts can wait that long! *maniacal laugh*
Hmmm...:eek: Somebody better fix all my issues!:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
Chrome grill is part of the SXT pkg....thats why I went with SXT for the chrome :) My sister-in-law has the basic pkg. SE model I think it is and she has colored grill So chrome isnt a bad thing
Correct, in the original sales brochure the only model with a body color grille was the SE. But on April 6 that changed. SXT Sport models (the "E" package) built after April 6 also get a body colored grill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Harley said:
Perhaps these observations, along with the lengthy wait from order date, is reflective of the probability that the factory is reacting to some of the reported issues, addressing them, and correcting them during the production process (thereby contributing to some of the known delays?).

If so, that is great - better to fix them as production continues than to continue to make them with "issues".

By the wife - your wife "stole" your camera?

We'll all forgive her - for just one day... :rolleyes:
I agree I would rather wait the few extra days or weeks in some case, just to have the known kinks worked out instead of dealing with the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Regarding your kilopascals you can change this in your personel settings, but then it changes your temperature to Farenheit and Gas Mileage to MPG instead of KM/L.

it is in the manuel on how to change this
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I knew it could be changed, but as much as kilopascals are foreign to me, I'm gonna use the Litres and Centigrade a lot more. Plus, Miles to empty is a uselss figure when I'm driving in KMs.

But anyways, here's the pics I promised...







and because I think it's funny...


that's it!
enjoy the pics!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Interesting, so running through an online conversion I get:

31psi = 213Kpa
32psi = 220Kpa
33psi = 227Kpa
34psi = 234Kpa
35psi = 241Kpa

Never used it before but I guess I'll get used to it.

It looks like it just used the PSI whole number and converts it to KPA
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top