Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the SXT Sport comes with 17" rims. I want to get 15" rims for my winter tires. I was under the impression that I could go 15" as the SE has 15" and I assume that the SE and the SXT have the same brake clearances etc. Well I just got off the phone from my parts store and they said I'd need 16" to clear the calipers on the SXT. Yet tirerack.com does show 15" rims available, just not steel rims.

Can somebody comfirm that the SXT can handle 15" rims. And also if the SE and SXT share the same brake parts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xcanuk - I have done some research on this. I also got a message from a rep from TireRack.com over on DodgeForum.com. He confirmed that the wheels they list on thier site for a model are guaranteed to fit. With this in mind, I looked up what 15" rims they listed for the SE, SXT and R/T. Sure enough, they list the same three rims for all three models. Take this information however you would like, but from it I was confident enough to buy 15" tires and rims for my SXT, and I don't even have it yet, LOL.

I just hope I have my car before winter!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts