Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how much the five spoke chrome wheels that are shown on the last page of the Caliber brochure will go for? I think they match the 17" aluminum wheels.
Is it a wise choice to order these from the dealer I bought the car from? Note: I don't have the car yet (ship date = 5/08, yay!!).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
17" Chromes?? What the hell? I believe that only the 18" R/T wheels are availible in chrome..

·
Registered
245 Posts
LuckyBoy2007 said:
Anyone know how much the five spoke chrome wheels that are shown on the last page of the Caliber brochure will go for? I think they match the 17" aluminum wheels.
Is it a wise choice to order these from the dealer I bought the car from? Note: I don't have the car yet (ship date = 5/08, yay!!).
The only wheels offered on the Caliber SXT are the 17"x6.5" Aluminum’s as a $400 option. The on the last page of the brochure was actually an advertisement for the splash guards.

The 18"x7" Aluminum Chrome Clad wheels are only available on the R/T for $700. I assume you could get them mounted on your vehicle but additional calibrations may be required.

I believe these are the wheels you are referring to, they are available through Mopar.
18x7chromeclad.JPG
price.JPG

Dan

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks Dan!

I doubt anything would be required to bolt on the 18x7's..The R/T is lower if anything so I'm sure clearance won't be an issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The brochure states that these are 17" 5 spoke chrome wheels unless it's a typo in the brochure...
You have to open the flap on the back cover of the brochure it is the picture in the center. It is referred to as letter "F" as an available MOPAR accessory...
Do you you know how much they'll be from "mopar"??

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Then I guess I'm wrong, never knew there were 17" chromies..

BTW- Dan, could you send me another Sales Brochure? I either lost mine or my Mom disposed of it accidentally...
Thanks. :D

·
Registered
361 Posts
I see the wheels you're talking about.

If you fold out that last page with all of the Mopar accessories, it's option F.

"
17-Inch 5-Spoke Chrome Wheel.
These wheels help you make a statement coming and going, with a guaranteed long-lasting shine to back it up. They're also machined to match your Caliber's hubs exactly for a balanced ride.
"

Now I wonder of Konig "Unknown" wheels will fit on a Caliber (RT), I love those wheels!

·
Registered
361 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
They should, 18*7.5, comes in 5x114.3 bolt pattern, so it should bolt up..
Spiff.. I've never looked into wheels before, i wasn't sure how they fit or what (ie; if all bolt patterns would fit any axle with a similar shape or what)

I just think those black and chrome wheels would look pretty slick on an RT with the chrome and black accents on the body.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yep. The R/T wheels are 18 x 7.5 I believe, and the bolt pattern (5 x 114.3) is right so go for it! :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
17" Chromes?? What the hell? I believe that only the 18" R/T wheels are availible in chrome..
The 18" RT "chrome" wheels are just plastic chrome covers.The sales guy said they were mags, just covered up, sure enough I felt the covers myself.......the 6 sp was a lot of fun to drive........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts