Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some pics to send my son on the East Coast, he's been asking for me to send some so he can see my new car. Thought hey, I will post them on here as well. A little side note, I wanted the orange bad, but it was not to be had on an R/T anywhere I looked and we have 7 Dodge Dealerships here in Las Vegas. I did not want White or Black or Yellow or Blue, I ended up with Silver which looks really good the more I look at it on the Caliber, let me know what you think. I will post some more later. Flaps:D

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Very nice!

I think he R/T looks best in silver for one reason (besides that I like silver), and that's because that gheto-looking chrome strip on the door handles isn't very noticeable:p

I like the body colored handles but the chrome strip doesn't look right... makes it look like there was some sort of design-by-committie-fight over whether to make the handles chrome or body color.

Thanks for showing you R/T

·
Registered
155 Posts
Nice RT..........but.........just another silver car......me.....steel blue, orange or white.........guess thats why they paint 'em more than one colour........;-) keep us posted on your mpg.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got to ask as I just noticed :eek: the plate frame. Did you buy at Towbin :D Dodge?
If so can I ask how much $$,$$$.$$??? Did the Chop do ya right? And one more thing are ya gonig to be on TV?;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'd say it looks fantastic, and those are professional-quality photos.

For some reason, they make it look more like a luxury car...

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Flaps: Great looking Caliber R/T, I am not a fan of the Silver either, but if dodge did a Silver to look like that in the sunlight that would be awesome, and I would get that color.

I wish they made some sort of Graphite color or a color similar to what that Honda makes called Albastar(sp?) Silver I thought that color looks good IMO, but I am probably going to get Sunburst Orange anyway!!:cool:

I wonder if the Light Khaki Metallic is more of a silverish color or more a brown color??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Towbin Dodge was Great Fun

mybrid said:
I got to ask as I just noticed :eek: the plate frame. Did you buy at Towbin :D Dodge?
If so can I ask how much $$,$$$.$$??? Did the Chop do ya right? And one more thing are ya gonig to be on TV?;)
I did get it at Towbin Dodge and they were great, I actually did not want to go there, but the other closer dealer was giving me a lousy deal and they sold the color I wanted out from under me. So I went to Towbin to see a Red SXT, but this Silver R/T was up close to the building and I instantly liked it, the Leather interior is great, something I did not want but am liking now.

I got to ring the gong, they had barbecue all day on the Saturday I was there. The place is actually a lot of fun, when I headed to the back to see the parts dept, the Blue Genie was back there filming something, also got to see the Chopper on the follwing Tuesday when we had an unexpected service visit for what turned out to be a minor adjustment, which they did instantly as well as washed the car and threw in the premium floor mats which I recommend to everyone,they are 10 times nicer than the std ones.

I am not on the TV show which they film on Tuesdays. :rolleyes:

As for the deal I got sticker minus the 500.00 rebate plus another 475.00 off. Then I got what looks like about 900 more for my trade than Kelly Blue, Good Trade in Value, so I am ok with the deal.

I dealt with Mark Deeter and thought he was very good at his job. I think this dealer looks out for the customer as good as any and tried to make the experience fun.

Highly Recommended, Flaps :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Flaps...great ride and excellent pictures. I've got the same with exception of the rims. I have the chrome wheels. That R/T is something else. I just got back in from playing (Sunday drive - NOT).

Tyke

·
Registered
23 Posts
Flaps
I did get it at Towbin Dodge
As for the deal I got sticker minus the 500.00 rebate plus another 475.00 off. Then I got what looks like about 900 more for my trade than Kelly Blue, Good Trade in Value, so I am ok with the deal.

I dealt with Mark Deeter and thought he was very good at his job. I think this dealer looks out for the customer as good as any and tried to make the experience fun.

Highly Recommended, Flaps :D
Thanks, glad to here you had a good time @ Towbin and Enjoy that great ride. Oh one more thing you are more than welcome to post pics anytime as they are some of the best I've seen anywhere!!!:) :) :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MrTyke said:
Flaps...great ride and excellent pictures. I've got the same with exception of the rims. I have the chrome wheels. That R/T is something else. I just got back in from playing (Sunday drive - NOT).

Tyke
Is it me or is this car fun to drive? The more I use it the more I want to go for rides in it. The CVT is great. Enjoy yours as well.

Flaps

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Flaps said:
Is it me or is this car fun to drive? The more I use it the more I want to go for rides in it. The CVT is great. Enjoy yours as well.

Flaps
Not just you:cool: I really like driving the Caliber (SXT, 2.0L/CVT) as well... and create reasons to go for drives:p

R/TOgilvie said:
Speaking of the tranny, has anyone heard much about the reliablility of it?
I'm holding my breath...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The CVT2 should be pretty damn tough...:D

Glad you like your Caliber and congrats!

P.S. Where exactly is Towbin Dodge?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
caliber4whoosh said:
The CVT2 should be pretty damn tough...:D

Glad you like your Caliber and congrats!

P.S. Where exactly is Towbin Dodge?
They are off of Gibson Road in Henderson Nevada.

Flaps

·
Registered
287 Posts
Alright, with all of this talk of the Caliber being fun to drive, I am curious about how it actually performs.

What are these "fun" rides like? Is it just neat driving the CVT or will the R/T really perform like an R/T?

I am very curious and anxious as to what I will be getting with my R/T in terms of performance. Anyone with some info as to how this car accelerates (responsive, overall speed) and how tightly it handles?

I have searched the site and flipped through several pages of threads and could not find a lot of answers.

Any response would be greatly appriciated as I simply cannot wait for mine to show up :)

Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts