Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a hair shy of a month of ownership and 1700 miles and we're making a warranty run. Turns out the rear passenger corner of the hood is rubbing on the fender upon opening. Not good. And we've developed a whistle in the driver's side door. They're going to readjust everything over at Krieger's in Muscatine, IA and get it taken care of for us. Heck, they even pick the Caliber up from my work AND bring it back :) I'll let ya know how it goes though :)

Chanda

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, they fixed the hood, but the freakin' whistle is still there! ARGH!!! Anyone else have that issue?

Chanda

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maybe they need to replace the door gasket.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have the whistle on the drivers door too. It's not enough to feel and I only hear it when I have the stereo down, which is not often.

Check to make sure the outside mirror don't have any gaps and is fully seated. If that looks fine, have the dealer tighten up the door so it shuts/seals harder.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm assuming that's what they did......adjust the door that is. I'll check the mirror and the gasket though. And yea, I don't feel it, I just hear it if the stereo is down which isn't often for me either :)

Chanda

·
Registered
65 Posts
The door is probably out of wack. Strage about the hood rubbing. I wonder if they were related?

Maybe you got a Monday car...

·
Registered
687 Posts
kaj27 - Isn't it a Monday, Friday or even Saturday car your talking about? :confused:

For those that have read this before, but don't understand....

...part time workers are allowed by the union to work only on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays when manpower is the lowest due to absenteeism. For this reason there are inspectors, but yes things can be missed as in any job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had the noise coming from the driver's side door also. Had it in to the dealer 3 times and was told they didn't hear anything abnormal. I was complaining about to a friend who is a mechanic elsewhere and he opened the door to look at it and found that a 3 inch long section of the rubber seal was missing. Why wouldn't the dealer catch this when it was in 3 times!!!! I would think the door seal would be the first thing you look at. I don't even think they looked at all. You might want to look at the rubber seal.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Did you take it to the dealer to show them and did it get fixed? Could you share a picture of where the seal was missing from so we can look at ours?

·
Registered
65 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
kaj27 - Isn't it a Monday, Friday or even Saturday car your talking about? :confused:

For those that have read this before, but don't understand....

...part time workers are allowed by the union to work only on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays when manpower is the lowest due to absenteeism. For this reason there are inspectors, but yes things can be missed as in any job.
You do understand that a Monday or a Friday car is a saying right?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, there was a sheet of paper in the car with 11/13/06 on it, but the final build date on the door was 11/29/06. I have no idea what that means, haha! :D The whistle only seems to happen if there's a slight crosswind. It's very odd. I haven't checked the door seal yet though. I keep forgetting :)

Chanda

·
Registered
24 Posts
A photo of the gap in the weather stripping would be great. I'm getting that wind whistle also. thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just dropped it off to have a new door seal put in. I will let you know if that did it. The missing piece was on the car frame just above the plastic molding in the middle of the frame about even with the bottom of the drivers window.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Last night at work I talked to repairmen in the repair hole and they told me to make sure the inner door w/strip is fitted tight inside the door frame. After work did just that and fixed the problem. The only time driving home I heard the whistle was when a big semi passed me at 55 - 60mph.

Using the picture below, I have an arrow showing the w/strip I'm talking about. Seat it from one end to the other.

·
Registered
24 Posts
DUDE!

Thanks so very much for providing the photo. I'll try it today after work!:)

·
Registered
687 Posts
*BUMP* for results from hiccup :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well i gotta tell ya... Trying to reseat the gasket did not work. I may have not done it very well though. I am kind of a persistent person though. I am going to try it again. And if that does not work I am going to start masking taping off parts of the seal and listening. Probably look like a goofball driving down the highway with tape all over the drivers side though:D.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Standing on the inside of the door I wrap my fingers around and make a fist using my finger tips to put up on the narrow part of the w/strip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm really sorry it took so long to get this up. Chand I hope your whistle has gone away by now. I've had my Cali in for a whistle also. first they "made some adjustments" whatever they may be. But the whistle was still there. So I got to looking myself. I identified what looked to be possible causes with masking tape and brought it back. The dealer has agreed to replace the window weatherstripping. But I cannot get there to have it done before next Thursday. I'm too busy. I took photographs. Here they are.

At least here they would be if I could figure out how to get post them.:eek:

Can anybody help?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
WHen you reply go to "additional options" and you will see a button that says "manage attachments". Click that and a new window will open and at the top it will allow you to browse your computer for images to upload. Just select then and hit upload and done when its finished.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts