Dodge Caliber Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you!! So very very much!! I was trying to insert images, copy and paste, and all that sort of thing. Basically going around in circles.

Any way the photo of the outside window corner looks to be a fitup problem.

The other shows what looks like a pinched up portion of weatherstrip.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
okay so i put two of the same photo. sorry.

anyway... when i clicked on the thumbnail it showed the entire pic. hope its as clear for you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
okay so i put up two of the same pic............sorry.

here's the fitup problem. Hope these thumbnails come up clear for you all

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
Still watching this thread.

Thanks for the updates. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well, the hood issue is gone so that's a plus :) The whistle is still there, but it's really slight now. I have to work to hear it. So maybe the door just broke itself in now that we've crossed the 4K mile mark :D

Chanda

·
Registered
24 Posts
dealer replaced the weatherstripping. I think they called it the inner channel. the fitup is better, and the pinched portion is gone. But, the whistle is still there at 50+ mph. It seems to worsen when there is a crosswind...... any ideas? Or is it masking tape time?

·
Registered
24 Posts
wind whistle Finally gone. After 18 months!!!!! The dealer was pretty clueless. I taped up around the window and mirror on the drivers side. Removed tape until the whistle came back. It was the drivers side mirror. Showed the dealer (several times) and after some bi+#^!^&, a couple trips, and the internet they found it!!! They were so proud too. There is a TSB that addresses it. If they had decided to look it up at the start, it would have saved a lot of aggravation.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
lol....wow.

keep digging!:jester:

Sometimes dealership technicians are idiots..you pretty much have to spell it out to most of these people.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Sometimes technicians (of any kind..cars, computers, etc) think too far into the problem. And it takes someone else to spike and idea. Happens all the time.
Sometimes dealership techs are textbook smart, but not smart in a mechanically fundamental way to the point where without their instructions, they don't get it either.

This carries over to a lot of things other than dealers too.

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
There is no training for how to fix assembly issues. There is no ASE certification for wind noise, water leaks, etc.

Tech either have to learn by experience, from someone who knows how to do it, or have a natural ability (like MacGuyver) at fixing this stuff.

They're also getting paid warranty flat rate (which blows), so they don't want to have 3-4 hours into something that they'll only get paid 1 hour on. I'm not saying that's right, but it's just how it is.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
There is no training for how to fix assembly issues. There is no ASE certification for wind noise, water leaks, etc.

Tech either have to learn by experience, from someone who knows how to do it, or have a natural ability (like MacGuyver) at fixing this stuff.

They're also getting paid warranty flat rate (which blows), so they don't want to have 3-4 hours into something that they'll only get paid 1 hour on. I'm not saying that's right, but it's just how it is.
yeah one of my friends is a mazda tech...gets lot of rotary swaps and trannies....flat rate. He gets pissed!

·
Registered
304 Posts
hello every1 i'm new with this forum and to the csrt4 i just got mine 2 weeks ago and lov'in it. the question is that i want to add some bolt-ons like intake systems ,s1 and down pipe, now is that going to affect my warranty? :read:

08 Cailber srt4 silver kicker systems

21 - 34 of 34 Posts