Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took ownership of a loaded 1.8 SXT 1 week ago. Here are my impressions so far...
I have not experienced any of the "problems" that many have listed. No ticking exhaust, no loose armrest etc. The car seems to be very well built. It has a nice tight feel and looks great. The clutch is nice and smooth. I'm not sure about the brakes though. I haven't had to jump on them yet, but I tend to think that they might be a little underpowered for the weight of the car.
The 1.8 seems adequate. I have been reluctant to rev it up over 4000 because of the whole break in thing, but I think that it should pull OK once I get the RPM's up.
The stereo is great. The 9 speakers really produce powerfull clear sound. The sunroof is on the small side, but provides good airflow and very little vibration even at highway speeds(110-120km).
The leather seats are quite comfy. They don't appear to be of the highest quality, but they're still a nice touch.
I've got to get rid of the fishing pole of an antena!

Gas mileage (80% city driving)

Just filled up today. I put in 45 liters with 505 km on the odometer.
Works out to 8.9 liters / 100km's on my first tank.
For my US friends that means: 11.88 US gallons for 313 miles.
26MPG on the first tank.

·
Registered
129 Posts
There's a guy on eBay selling 13-inch (33cm) black, flexible antennas for the Caliber. I think I'm going to get one to get rid of that fishing pole too.

Congrats on the new Caliber!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Bulldogger said:
Everyone should just put where their from in the User CP. There's so many nationalities on this board. A flag option next to the join date of user-name would be decent.
ABSOLUTELY! A while back I said everyone should put not only the state, but what city they were from. Then I got replies saying "We already have that", and "Sounds like a personal problem!" And now we have people from Finland, Germany, the U.K., and a whole lot of Canadians! I just like to know where a person is from. I really like Canadians now- not that I didn't before, we just don't have a lot of them in Texas, except for the older Snow Birds. Pretty cool people.
OK, I'm off my soapbox now.
So Congratulations Canuck, glad you like your Caliber, and replacing that fishing pole will make a world of difference!

·
Registered
614 Posts
ejfb said:
Panzita, Canadians have a nickname, and are also called Canunks instead of Canadians.
Never heard that one before and I've met a few Texans:) I can say though that the average Texan has no idea Canada is an hour and a half north of Seattle. I've been asked seriously too many times about the Great White North and have had to really bite my tongue answering Arctic survival related questions. At WWU, Washington State, we were affectionately called "cheeseheads" which we all know are actually Packer fans. Always popular at the parties though, and always emptied the keg in the morning if it wasn't already so. Hard being a Canunk but glad to do it:D By the way, our local NHL hockey team is the Vancouver"Canucks". Ever seen a Stars game?

Enjoy your new Caliber Canuck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
TechMan said:
Never heard that one before and I've met a few Texans:) I can say though that the average Texan has no idea Canada is an hour and a half north of Seattle. I've been asked seriously too many times about the Great White North and have had to really bite my tongue answering Arctic survival related questions. At WWU, Washington State, we were affectionately called "cheeseheads" which we all know are actually Packer fans. Always popular at the parties though, and always emptied the keg in the morning if it wasn't already so. Hard being a Canunk but glad to do it:D By the way, our local NHL hockey team is the Vancouver"Canucks". Ever seen a Stars game?

Enjoy your new Caliber Canuck!
When I lived in Dallas, I used to go to Stars games all the time. I just didn't want to tell you guys. I've got friends from Minnesota who still give me a hard time about that. I like hockey a lot, but in this part of Texas, we don't get a lot of it. Expecially when we only have 2 seasons- Summer and August. I know quite a bit about Canadian geography, I just don't know many Canadians.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I had the oportunity to meet a lot of Canadians when I was living in Alaska. I used to drive the AlCan Highway at least once a year. My experiences along the highway were always pleasent when interacting with the people. I have to say, with all of the countries I've been in (over 37 total), the Canadian people are by far the most pleasant and friendly.

Oh yeah, Canuck371, congrats and good luck with the new car.

·
Registered
377 Posts
We try to be as hospitable as possible =) But what else would you expect? All we have here is beer and hockey!!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Bulldogger said:
And especially in the Okanagan. :)
Amen brother! Must be a function of the climate here as populations peak in July / August. Experts have documented mysterious beaver migration from many KM's away and their elevated mating habits. This phenomenon has been observed to affect even the local indiginous population:D :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
TechMan said:
Amen brother! Must be a function of the climate here as populations peak in July / August. Experts have documented mysterious beaver migration from many KM's away and their elevated mating habits. This phenomenon has been observed to affect even the local indiginous population:D :D
Hold on there buddy. Lots of big words there. Us Canadians are a little slow eh!

·
Registered
775 Posts
I do have to ask our Canadian friends, what is up with the "eh"? It seems everywhere I've been in Canada, I hear "eh".

One time in the Yukon, I got caught in a blizzard and ended up off the road. About 15 minutes later a 4wd truck pulled up. The first thing the driver said was, "Road's over here, eh?"

Another time I was driving the Nissan down the AlCan, completely loaded down (trunk was full, large "turtle top" on the roof, and luggage strapped to the outside of the trunk). Every stop I made, I heard, "Loaded down, eh?"

Every question seems to end with "eh". I find it charming, but don't quite understand it (you think I would after living in Alaska for so many years).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts