Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Liberty: Yes, would also kick ass on a trail.

Caliber: NO. :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
This may be the distant future for my caliber, but I'd switch to smaller wheels with big knobby tires. I like the look of a wheel well full of rubber a lot more than a strip of rubber over a ton of metal. A little mini-monster truck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
playB0Y42 said:
I think it might look good, however to get a rim and tire to go with a lift kit, an and make it look good, you would need a lot more then 2in
why? 2 inches would be fine... get some 15" steels... and some big tires with a 70-85 aspect ratio. theres plenty of room under there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
how much do you guys think it would cost to raise it 4-6 inches? I think that would look hot with some mud tires and big ass rims!

·
Registered
901 Posts
LOLLL! and people usually talk about LOWERING it!!!

You wouldn't actually go mudding in it would you? It's not a 4x4.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought mine with these sort of aspirations in mind. A sort of climbing/ road trip going/ do everything outdoors type of vehicle. IMO lowered calibers and those with big rims look really silly, but then again.... to each his own.:cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AUcaliber said:
I bought mine with these sort of aspirations in mind. A sort of climbing/ road trip going/ do everything outdoors type of vehicle. IMO lowered calibers and those with big rims look really silly, but then again.... to each his own.:cool:
yea man.. so did i...and um what percentage of SUV's or 4X4's or jeeps or even hummers for that matter are used for off roading...

if you think lowering your caliber is all of a sudden going to make it some road huggin ferrari then you are way off... also it throws your steering and tire ware all out of wack (cant just cut the springs...) plus the car has 172 HP...

where as a small lift with the proper tire package and you have a mean looking ROAD monster...

also in autoweek ... this week.. they off-roaded (is that a word?) the compass.. with the same drivetrain as the caliber R/T and didnt have anything negative to say... so i think the lifted version is a little more viable than the RICER version.... gotta keep things in perspective

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
LOLLL! and people usually talk about LOWERING it!!!

You wouldn't actually go mudding in it would you? It's not a 4x4.

well its not a sports car either...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
it hugs the corners like a mother so I dunno..:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Gotta be careful and check if the larger tire will fit even with a lift. I've lifted several vehicles and even with the lift the tires sometimes rub the wheel well. My 94 Jeep wrangler was lifted 4 inches and I put 33" tires on it. There's plenty of room in height but I'd have to tub out the wheel well to get it to fit perfectly. I just deal with it since the jeep has such a tight turning radius and it only rubs at 85% turn. Also if you are putting mudders on it, make sure it's what you want. The noise the tires make while driving on pavement at normal highway speeds is maddening. Just a word of caution to anyone thinking about lifting the Cali and putting mudders on it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is the LAST thing I thought when I bought my Caliber but I definitly like it. It's not possible the way things are right now though. Way too much of the suspension is built into the frame and cannot be lowered out from under the vehicle. Even if you could, you'd need special struts and then you'd be putting a lot of angle on the CV joints and those would probably not last very long like that.

Looks good none the less but this is like putting a lift kit and mud tires on a neon, or for that matter when talking about AWD, an Impezza or Evo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts