Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past four days I've put 1200 miles on my Caliber on two road trips: Youngstown, Ohio to Athens, Ohio and back, and Youngstown to Philadelphia and back. Only one other Caliber spotted the entire time, a red one spotted Sat. 6/17 travelling westbound on the Pennsy Turnpike east of Harrisburg. Was that a forum member? Let me know.
The good news: highway mileage is improving. One tank was 29.8 mpg going across PA. That's pretty hilly terrain. I was on cruise a lot at 69 mph, with a/c on. In a 2.0 cvt. Also, the Musicgate continues to crank out great sounds, and the steering wheel controls are extremely convenient for jumping around the 6 disc cd. My daughter, age 11, had the backseat by herself and commented on how comfortable the ride was.
Only negatives were minor but irritating. The chill Zone just doesn't hold the cold well. Can't tell if it's the small intake opening shutting on its own, or just not enough cold air. I had the a/c cranked till I had THOs, and the drinks got warmish too quickly. Also, I was charging my cell phone using the ipod holder and the outlet in center console. Made the armrest use difficult and access to the storage bin difficult.
As I said, my beefs were minor. The plusses were more important and more numerous. Handling great. Acceleration good. Mileage improving ( now have 3300 miles). All in all, love this car.

·
Registered
101 Posts
the miliage is improving on mine too.... r/t with 2400 miles

·
Registered
251 Posts
I took my Caliber out camping this weekend, We were driving on "Treacherous Mountain Paths" the speed limit was 35 and I was driving it at 65. The Caliber handled everything really well, I'll be sure to post some pictures of where we were driving at.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks to the 73.3 kilometers I drive to work everyday (and same distance back home after work), plus any other driving I might do, in the week I've had my car I've put a little over 1200 kiliometers on it and I'm now seeing gas milage getting better on it.

I like this car for highway driving, here in BC, we have a lot of mountains so a car that handles well is kinda important and the Caliber passes with thumbs up.

I usually drive with the cell phone in the arm rest and don't find it gets in the way either so I guess that's all a matter of personal preference. And after I did the paperclip fix with the chill zone, my drinks have been staying cold while on the road.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Was that 29mpg highway measured at the pump or on your dash display? I have found that the display on mine shows about 2mpg higher than measured at the pump.

Combined highway/city driving I have been averaging only 21mpg (display shows 24) with A/C on. With A/C off I'm getting 24mpg (display shows 26). I only have 1000 miles on my SXT but hoped for better mpg. I'm rather light footed too!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huff,
The 29 was based on the pump, not on the dash display. 29 was the highest I've recorded, others are 27-28 highway. Even with the pump figures there's a margin for error, depending on whether you top off or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts