Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just order 19" wheels for the front, and 20" for the rear for my steel blue SXT caliber. Here are the specs Rear 255/35/20 Front 235/35/19 on Toyo Proxes tires, I will get pics up as soon as they are on, cant wait, they are going to look sweet!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I'm curious, why did you order different sizes for the front and back... for looks?

I'd order the same size so I could rotate them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly for looks yes, and the fact I got a REALLY good price on this set, didnt really want such a low profile tire but I couldnt turn down the price, $550 for 4 rims with almost new Toyo Proxes tires.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i think tha'ts going to look fricken sweet!!~ i ♥ the way my caliber looks like it's going to jump on the car in front of me when i'm driving, i know with that tire set up it'll look even more menacing!!

can't wait for the pics!

·
Registered
683 Posts
What size is your spare?

Honestly, I haven't gotten into the 'more rim, less tire is better' thing thats gotten so common. I think a balance between the two is better. Also, less rubber makes for a horribly rough ride. I know, I'm showing my age huh? lol

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
any updates?? im curious :D

edit:
Huff said:
What size is your spare?

Honestly, I haven't gotten into the 'more rim, less tire is better' thing thats gotten so common. I think a balance between the two is better. Also, less rubber makes for a horribly rough ride. I know, I'm showing my age huh? lol
i dont blame you; i stuck with 16's on my neon, i dont need 17s or 18s on there [hell, i dont think 18's'll fit.. lol] .. i like having sidewall personally tyvm ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wheels have been delayed at the border, they say estimated arrival is Thursday now.......getting impatient, I will post them as soon as they are on the car.

Cheers

·
Banned
400 Posts
ryebrei said:
Just order 19" wheels for the front, and 20" for the rear for my steel blue SXT caliber. Here are the specs Rear 255/35/20 Front 235/35/19 on Toyo Proxes tires, I will get pics up as soon as they are on, cant wait, they are going to look sweet!
They won't RIDE sweet!!:eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: 20" Wheels, pics coming soon !! HERE ARE THE PICS

I finally got the wheels on today and they look sweet, and for the people who said the ride would be awful, well you are WRONG, ive had 19's before that were pretty harsh but having 19's and 20's on this car feels great, the ride is just fine. Anyway here are some pics, never posted pics before so they could be not so good, I also painted the brake calipers red. Next mods are going to be tint and a performance exhaust dual tip.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
The car looks very good. However, IMO I think you need to lower her now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
19" in the front and 20" in the back huh? Cant really tell from the pictures...Did you install the TPM sensors in the wheels also? Anyway, awesome setup!

·
Banned
400 Posts

ryebrei said:
I finally got the wheels on today and they look sweet, and for the people who said the ride would be awful, well you are WRONG, ive had 19's before that were pretty harsh but having 19's and 20's on this car feels great, the ride is just fine. Anyway here are some pics, never posted pics before so they could be not so good, I also painted the brake calipers red. Next mods are going to be tint and a performance exhaust dual tip.
That would be me, I guess I was WRONG!:D
Looks VERY GOOD I must say! I guess the roads are smooooth were you live, because in NYC, I couldn't stand it. LOOKS GOOD MAN! Now TINT that bad boy up!:cool:

PS. XTREMETHUNDER, CAN WE GET A MEMBER GALLERY GOING????

·
Registered
285 Posts

STEELBLueCALI said:
That would be me, I guess I was WRONG!:D
Looks VERY GOOD I must say! I guess the roads are smooooth were you live, because in NYC, I couldn't stand it. LOOKS GOOD MAN! Now TINT that bad boy up!:cool:

PS. XTREMETHUNDER, CAN WE GET A MEMBER GALLERY GOING????
Post that idea up in the suggestion thread.

·
Registered
644 Posts
perfect size... i woulda kept it 19's all the way around unless you went with a extreme offset like a muscle car look .... but all-in-all that look turned out well for the car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts