Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$200 paid for your opinions about your Dodge Caliber!

Ask Southern California is currently looking for owners/primary drivers of
the following new vehicles:

2007 Dodge Caliber
2006 Ford Fusion 4 Door Sedan
2007 Honda Fit
2006/2007 Mazda 3 (not sedan)
2006/2007 Pontiac G6 4 Door Sedan

If you, or someone you know, is the primary driver of one of the vehicles
listed above, we would like to speak with you or them! Ask Southern
California will pay drivers of the above listed autos $200 to share their
opinions with us about their vehicle. Drivers MUST bring the vehicle with
them to the appointment because the interview will take place while looking
at the car so owners can point out the features that they like and dislike
to our research team.

Appointments are available various times 9/25 to 9/29.

This discussion is for research purposes only; at no time will participants
be asked to purchase or subscribe to anything. The results of this study
will be used to help provide better products to the automotive industry.

For more information and to schedule an appointment, please call AMY at
714-750-7566 M-F, 9-5.

Ask Southern California, Inc.
714-750-7566
www.asksocal.com

Cheers thomas

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
caprirs302 said:
Too bad I'm lucky enough not to live in California!:D ;)
I'm lucky enough to live in California, but NOT have to follow all the stupid smog laws they have. It's not too bad living here when you are a non-resident military member.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Calling tomorrow! Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was wondering how long it would take these people to get here.

For everyone's reference: This offer was blanketed all over Craigslist a few weeks ago and was quickly flagged off. A lot of people had reported that this is largely a front for a marketing company; apparently spam, junk mail and marketing calls followed anyone who contacted this "Ask Southern California" company.

Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sgodun said:
I was wondering how long it would take these people to get here.

For everyone's reference: This offer was blanketed all over Craigslist a few weeks ago and was quickly flagged off. A lot of people had reported that this is largely a front for a marketing company; apparently spam, junk mail and marketing calls followed anyone who contacted this "Ask Southern California" company.

Proceed with caution.
soory i had no idea

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm quite skeptical. Would you trust the word of anyone being paid for their opinion? I think not. Being paid for your opinion taints it and makes it worthless. For money, you can't trust what the interviewee will say. For two hundred, people will say whatever you want and thus the answers given are completely worthless, in this case, to the car manufacturers. I say it's a scam.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just looked at their site. Here's an interesting boast: "We specialize in making your data collection expectations become reality!". In other words, we'll conform the data to what you want it to say. Do you really think a car manufacturer will buy data from these people or from people who used this company? As for the promise of two hundred bucks, it's just so out of profile for legitimate research that I would not turn my personal data over to them.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
My wife has done several "research" surveys for money. It's a very common practice. And who cares who is using the research, or if they will change the anwers if you are only there for the $200. I know I'll be calling them to try ad get the $200. I could use it right now. And I just happen to be driving through that area tomorrow.

And I will use caution as far as spam mail and marketing calls. My phone number is on the "do not call" list and companies can get in trouble for calling me. I would have to specifially give them permission to call my number, which i won't.

·
Registered
198 Posts
donsmith said:
I'm quite skeptical. Would you trust the word of anyone being paid for their opinion? I think not. Being paid for your opinion taints it and makes it worthless. For money, you can't trust what the interviewee will say. For two hundred, people will say whatever you want and thus the answers given are completely worthless, in this case, to the car manufacturers. I say it's a scam.
Paid focus groups are common everywhere! And yes, it does skew the data IMHO, unless of course, all the food samples (for example) have their brands hidden or similar. Focus groups pay you no matter what you say, so hopefully, that is the offset.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We just called the lady. We have an appt with them at 330 today. Will let you all know how it goes when we get home.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Well, wasn't able to make out 330 appintment due to traffic. Going to try again tomorrow at 230. Going to give ourselves plenty of extra time this time around. Also, it's going to be $250 total. They have an extra "bonus" assignment of pretty much making a scrap book of the caliber with pictures, so $2 worth of pictures, and we get an extra $50. Not bad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
HSKR said:
My wife has done several "research" surveys for money. It's a very common practice. And who cares who is using the research, or if they will change the anwers if you are only there for the $200. I know I'll be calling them to try ad get the $200. I could use it right now. And I just happen to be driving through that area tomorrow.

And I will use caution as far as spam mail and marketing calls. My phone number is on the "do not call" list and companies can get in trouble for calling me. I would have to specifially give them permission to call my number, which i won't.
"Do not call" doesn't apply to companies you have a prior relationship with and the way marketing companies figure it, once you come to them, you've established a relationship and then they can sell your info to other companies in a 'relationship' agreement and thus, those other companies can claim they have access to you through a prior relationship. Hey, I hope you guys really make the money.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
donsmith said:
"Do not call" doesn't apply to companies you have a prior relationship with and the way marketing companies figure it, once you come to them, you've established a relationship and then they can sell your info to other companies in a 'relationship' agreement and thus, those other companies can claim they have access to you through a prior relationship. Hey, I hope you guys really make the money.
Once again, that ony works if I give them permission to share my info which I won't. Also, this deal is for marketing research on a new prototype vehicle that is being planned to compete with the cars listed in the add, so they are targeting the owners of said cars to see what they like or don't like about their cars. The prototype vehicle will be there to look at. More news at 11. hehehe

·
Registered
187 Posts
HSKR said:
Once again, that ony works if I give them permission to share my info which I won't. Also, this deal is for marketing research on a new prototype vehicle that is being planned to compete with the cars listed in the add, so they are targeting the owners of said cars to see what they like or don't like about their cars. The prototype vehicle will be there to look at. More news at 11. hehehe
Marketing companies deal in the currency of information. They're buying yours. You're selling willingly. You give them permission to do what they like with the information you hand over when you take their money.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
In order for them to use my information for other than private use, I have to sign a release or consent form. The user agreement forms you sign for that nobody ever reads usually contains this. There was no consent form to sign. I only signed a receipt for the money given to me and nothing else was on the page. I was gievn the wrong info on the reason for the survery. Wasn't to compare to a prototype vehicle. Just marketing information for a third party private company. Wasn't any one auto manufacturer. Took about an hour and a half and I had $250 in my hand. The took a video of me answering questions, and then had me sit in the vehicle and describe the features of it, what i liked, what i didn't like, and what I would have liked to have that I didn't have. Mine was the very first Caliber they had done and everyone was really interested in it. Had three or four people other than the person giving the interview who came in just to look at the car.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
For anyone in the SoCal area, these people want more Caliber owners to participate. They've had more Honda Fit owners than Caliber owners. They think the Caliber is a rare car and very hard to find.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts