Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So there are a few little bugs/issues that seem to be showing up on the 2006 model year caliber, so i was wondering do you suppose they have made their way back to dodge and will be corrected for the 07 production run?.

Link to Caliber issues/problems thread - http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would think that all of the late availability things like ESP, RT in FWD instead of AWD, and Light Khaki Metallic paint would all be available starting tomorrow (monday)

·
Registered
173 Posts
All items opening up for order during the 2007 Model Year are as follows:

FWD available on R/T (late)
ESP (Electronic Stability Program) (Optional)
YES Essentials Worry Free Fabric (Standard)
Seat Mounted Air Bags (Optional)
Ligh Khaki paint replaces Solar Yellow

The optional Seat Mounted Air Bags are in addition to the standard Side Curtain Air Bags. This is for added safety.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
TommyLee said:
All items opening up for order during the 2007 Model Year are as follows:

FWD available on R/T (late)
ESP (Electronic Stability Program) (Optional)
Seat Mounted Air Bags (Optional)
Ligh Khaki paint replaces Solar Yellow

The optional Seat Mounted Air Bags are in addition to the standard Side Curtain Air Bags. This is for added safety.

Cool, I didn't know that they are stopping production of Solar Yellow...I am curious on what the Light Khaki color looks like in person.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Light Khaki has been around for several years on different DCX vehicles. You are most likely to find it on Dodge Ram, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Commander, or Jeep Liberty.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe it is a light tan (metallic)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Change the design of the armrest!! And release a kit to fix the current ones.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
moparknighthawk said:
All Calibers are 2007's. Its a long 2007 model year. There are no 2006 Calibers.
so why can't you order while it refreshes and new changes are coming online? what was the first run, 2006.5 like someone said lol?

·
Registered
173 Posts
jayster_4_69 said:
Does this mean if your vehicle is in D status they will be building the new 2007 version when it starts to get built?
Job #1 for 2007 is not until late July, so you are getting the current version (2006.5 or early 2007, however you wish to look at it).

·
Registered
361 Posts
TommyLee said:
Do you know what exactly that is? Sounds kind of interesting. The fabric seats that come in the Caliber now seem to be rather good quality as is.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Principal said:
Do you know what exactly that is? Sounds kind of interesting. The fabric seats that come in the Caliber now seem to be rather good quality as is.
The seats themself are the same. YES Essentials fabric is treated to make cleaning the seats easy and prevents stains and odors. For more info, vist www.yesessentials.com.

This stuff is pretty slick. You can write on the seats with a permanent marker, and with a wet cloth, you can simply rub it out.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I called to see if I got an allocation for my Caliber (which I DID YAY!) and also asked if I could get ESP (Electronic Stability Control) on my order and he said basically no. Since my order is a 2006.5 and thats a 2007 feature, I'd have to cancel and reorder and then I lose my allocation.

Also he said that he still as of 5 PM today can NOT order any Calibers still. They're still in the process of changing the computers around from 2006 to the 2007 model year, but the delay should be very short and ordering will resume.

So just an FYI, in case anyone was wondering if they had a 2006.5 Caliber on order or are waiting on allocation, you CANNOT get 2007 features on a 2006.5 Caliber (anything ordered prior to 2 weeks ago is a 2006.5 Caliber) order unless you cancel and re-order. Then you'll probably lose your place in line with the allocation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts