Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals and headlights (everything controlled by the signal on the left h/s of the wheel are inop...I have checked all fuses, any suggestions on what might be wrong?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
sounds to me like its either the can bus going crazy, or the stalk on your steering wheel is broken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turn Signals...Lights....HEEEEEEELP

My turn signals, headlights, pretty much everything on the turn signal control on the left-hand side of my steering wheel don't work. Is is possible the control itself is bad. I checked all the fuses and none are bad. Just wanting some advice before I take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
My turn signals, headlights, pretty much everything on the turn signal control on the left-hand side of my steering wheel don't work. Is is possible the control itself is bad. I checked all the fuses and none are bad. Just wanting some advice before I take it to the dealership.
sounds to me like its either the can bus going crazy, or the stalk on your steering wheel is broken
the stalk on the steering wheel = the "control" per say.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
thanks a lot, i appreciate your advice.
no problem

are you taking it to the dealer?

if so make sure to post back with what they have to say :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
the stalk on the steering wheel = the "control" per say.
Sounds like the cause. Otherwise, possibly a loose connector or a reboot of the system. Other option is to try the disconnect and reconnect of the car's battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same exact problem with my 2007 Caliber. I went to the NHTSA website and found that many Caliber owners are also having this safety hazard issue, but no recall. I have no warranty, so I called Chrysler (1-800-992-1997), for I cannot afford a dealership fee, and Chrysler states that they are not aware of this issue. They are going to have a case manager call me back and see if they can pay for the dealer to fix what ever this issue is. I will let everyone know what happens. If you are having this issue, please call Chrysler to complain and maybe they will start a recall. Along with my turn signals, high beams, wipers, my brake lights work randomly. This is a true safety hazard for me and little boy. Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
I am having the same exact problem with my 2007 Caliber. I went to the NHTSA website and found that many Caliber owners are also having this safety hazard issue, but no recall. I have no warranty, so I called Chrysler (1-800-992-1997), for I cannot afford a dealership fee, and Chrysler states that they are not aware of this issue. They are going to have a case manager call me back and see if they can pay for the dealer to fix what ever this issue is. I will let everyone know what happens. If you are having this issue, please call Chrysler to complain and maybe they will start a recall. Along with my turn signals, high beams, wipers, my brake lights work randomly. This is a true safety hazard for me and little boy. Thanks so much!
Have you had the multifunction switch replaced?

Could be a bad brake switch as well?

I assume the bulbs are all okay, however it could be the stupid computer in these cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you had the multifunction switch replaced?

Could be a bad brake switch as well?

I assume the bulbs are all okay, however it could be the stupid computer in these cars.

took to the dealership today and it was in fact the multifunction switch! It was replaced and all is working great!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my daughter's 2007 SXT (equipped with daytime running lights), when you click on the directional turn signal, the headlight on that side goes off. This happens whichever side you turn the directional signal on. The headlight comes back on after the turn is completed and the directional signal has clicked off. Sounds like I have a variant of the similar problems posted on this thread then, no?

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
On my daughter's 2007 SXT (equipped with daytime running lights), when you click on the directional turn signal, the headlight on that side goes off. This happens whichever side you turn the directional signal on. The headlight comes back on after the turn is completed and the directional signal has clicked off. Sounds like I have a variant of the similar problems posted on this thread then, no?
believe it or not, thats how it is supposed to work.

one of the reasons why i hate the drls on my car.

if the low beams are on, the headlights do not turn off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks, UN4GTBL. She showed me in the garage and I didn't realize (in there) that the high beams were on (she lives in a rural area).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber r/t and when I use the right turn signal it flashes rapidly and beeps. I’ve replaced the bulb and the aocket the bulb sits in itself and still has the same issue. Also the turn signal doesn’t turn on when the headlights are on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts