Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So out of the blue late October maybe November the starter(what I thought) started acting up like it's not fully engaging the flywheel, sometimes its starts just fine no problems first try, other times it just wants to grind and not connect to anything.

I have changed the starter (had it tested before I left) had the old one tested as well, both passed.

Ignition switch, put the new one in and tried it with the screwdriver and started normally, got it back together still doing it.(I have pulled it back apart and tested again with screwdriver and same results)

Was going to change out the lock cylinder but since it was still doing same thing with screwdriver I decided not to. In about 2 weeks I will be taking the intake off to get a better look at the starter and see what's going on. I'm looking for other ideas where to look, did just change the battery as well and it's still going on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So out of the blue late October maybe November the starter(what I thought) started acting up like it's not fully engaging the flywheel, sometimes its starts just fine no problems first try, other times it just wants to grind and not connect to anything.

I have changed the starter (had it tested before I left) had the old one tested as well, both passed.

Ignition switch, put the new one in and tried it with the screwdriver and started normally, got it back together still doing it.(I have pulled it back apart and tested again with screwdriver and same results)

Was going to change out the lock cylinder but since it was still doing same thing with screwdriver I decided not to. In about 2 weeks I will be taking the intake off to get a better look at the starter and see what's going on. I'm looking for other ideas where to look, did just change the battery as well and it's still going on.
my 09 dodge caliber is doing the same thing I've replaced the starter nothing still remains the same. Just wanted to know if you got yours running if so what did you do? I'm at a loss!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope still have not figured it out. Next weekend I'll be tearing it apart to dig deeper. Going to pull the intake off to get a look at the flywheel and reseat the starter and shim it if thats the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my 09 dodge caliber is doing the same thing I've replaced the starter nothing still remains the same. Just wanted to know if you got yours running if so what did you do? I'm at a loss!!!
So i took the intake off took the starter out had them test it a few times. it tested bad for 1 of them so warrant it out put the new one in plugged the fuel rail back in and put the battery in had my wife turn the car on to make sure nothing was leaking then had her try to start it. Turned over just fine no problems, i will put it back together tomorrow and see how it goes from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts