Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello there i have a 2007 dodge caliber 2.4 rt when i hit the lock and unlock on the fob wont work when i hit the panic the headlights and taillights flash 2 times replaced both key fob battery's just wondering what make none of it work

Thanks Huchters358

new to this page so if i posted in the wrong places sorry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi and welcome... not had this issue myself but I did have a friend also in Canada who had problems like this with his Ram pickup? (He was told this by his local dealer) "Changing the battery should't make it lose it's programming. You could have accidently broke the hold down on the battery. This apparently is a common issue."
He was told that if the key still starts the vehicle, he might have be able to get it reprogrammed/fixed or replaced by the dealer.. again at his own expense.
Not much help sorry..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and welcome... not had this issue myself but I did have a friend also in Canada who had problems like this with his Ram pickup? (He was told this by his local dealer) "Changing the battery should't make it lose it's programming. You could have accidently broke the hold down on the battery. This apparently is a common issue."
He was told that if the key still starts the vehicle, he might have be able to get it reprogrammed/fixed or replaced by the dealer.. again at his own expense.
Not much help sorry..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you are saying buy new keys get them cut and see if fixes the problem with the unlock and lock and do i have to take it to the dealer to reprogram the keys or can i do it at home

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, dealer told him that if he can still start the car with the key (Transponder chip in the key still working correctly) and it's just the button functions not working correctly then, the dealership MIGHT be able to repair it or reprogram it BUT they may not be able too
( your key might have a different fault from my buddies) and if the key CAN'T be repaired/reprogrammed then a new key would probably be required unless you use the second (spare) key. What my buddy did do was take it and get the dealership to check it out, lucky for him his key (Dodge Ram) just needed to be reprogrammed but again at his expense. As far as I'm aware, programming can only be done by a dealer with the correct software..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello there just wondering if anyone elses has figured out what might be causing this issues the dodge deal I called Sayed there is nothing wrong with it at all I went to program my grage door opener to the built in one I followed step by step in the manual and on line and it says it is programmed but still dose not work

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i was doing some cleaning in the car and found out the old owner of the car had command start in it and pulled it out of the car just wondering if anyone knows the wiring for the door locks are leaded for it all and what colors they are for it all

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts