Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Well, today I signed the papers on a new 2008 Black Caliber. I have had my 2007 Caliber for 2 years now and I have 56K miles on it with no problems what so ever.

You might be asking, why did you get a new one? Good question. :)

I wanted black when I bought the white one but the white one was a great deal so I went for it. I put an Alpine DVD/NAV system in (which I LOVE!), my iPod is in the glove box and is operated through the Alpine unit.



And put custom Chrome Eagle wheels on it, which I also love (sorry, no pics now).

They are putting leather in it for me, moving my NAV system and putting on my custom wheels, plus I get the lifetime powertrain warranty....all for $5 more a month than I am paying now. Done deal. :)

I will be sure to post pics once I get them.

Marc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,352 Posts
Congrats on the new Caliber. Mine will hit 2 years also next month. My 12 year old Benz has been the workhorse this crappy, snowy winter and the salty roads are taking their toll in rust so it will be replaced first.
BTW, at least with the '08 you get the better, shinier black.:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
xlimodriver said:
Congrats on the new Caliber. Mine will hit 2 years also next month. My 12 year old Benz has been the workhorse this crappy, snowy winter and the salty roads are taking their toll in rust so it will be replaced first.
BTW, at least with the '08 you get the better, shinier black.:cool:
Oh really? I didn't even know the black was different from the 07 to 08. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
Yeah in 2007 it was just plain black. In 2008 you get brilliant black pearlcoat which is black with pieces of metallic in it. You can't really see it until the sun shines on it unless you look really close. I like the 2008 models too because they have black interior in them instead of white. Makes them look less cheap. I also went from a 2007 Orange SXT Sport to a 2008 R/T FWD. I like it a lot better (not that there was anything wrong with the SXT).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,879 Posts
ghoticov said:
Hey everyone,

Well, today I signed the papers on a new 2008 Black Caliber. I have had my 2007 Caliber for 2 years now and I have 56K miles on it with no problems what so ever.

You might be asking, why did you get a new one? Good question. :)

I wanted black when I bought the white one but the white one was a great deal so I went for it. I put an Alpine DVD/NAV system in (which I LOVE!), my iPod is in the glove box and is operated through the Alpine unit.


And put custom Chrome Eagle wheels on it, which I also love (sorry, no pics now).

They are putting leather in it for me, moving my NAV system and putting on my custom wheels, plus I get the lifetime powertrain warranty....all for $5 more a month than I am paying now. Done deal. :)

I will be sure to post pics once I get them.

Marc
NIce! congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[quote='08 Caliber R/T]Yeah in 2007 it was just plain black. In 2008 you get brilliant black pearlcoat which is black with pieces of metallic in it. You can't really see it until the sun shines on it unless you look really close. I like the 2008 models too because they have black interior in them instead of white. Makes them look less cheap. I also went from a 2007 Orange SXT Sport to a 2008 R/T FWD. I like it a lot better (not that there was anything wrong with the SXT).[/quote]

What do you mean by black interior instead of white?

I did notice some small changes in the 2008, like the carpet on the floors was a little darker than mine was before, but the seats look the same (although I am getting leather put in as we speak). The only other difference I saw was the inside door handle and the door lock was chrome instead of the tan body panel color. Is there a site that shows the differences?

And now that you meantion it, I did not the metallic flakes in the paint but I thought the 2007 was the same. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
Where the 2007 was white (or very light gray), its dark gray (almost black). The seats are now black with inserts instead of dark gray with inserts. If you have leather seats then they're the same as the 2007 model year. So basically, they replaced the light/white interior with dark/black interior.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[quote='08 Caliber R/T]Where the 2007 was white (or very light gray), its dark gray (almost black). The seats are now black with inserts instead of dark gray with inserts. If you have leather seats then they're the same as the 2007 model year. So basically, they replaced the light/white interior with dark/black interior.[/quote]

ah, I think I see now. I did notice that the air conditioning controls and so forth were black whereas mine were silverish.

I am getting leather aftermarket (because its better quality than the factory IMO), I can't wait to see it later today.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,879 Posts
ghoticov said:
ah, I think I see now. I did notice that the air conditioning controls and so forth were black whereas mine were silverish.

I am getting leather aftermarket (because its better quality than the factory IMO), I can't wait to see it later today.
i bet!! post some pics when you get it
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top