Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2008 Caliber (Production starts July 23rd / SRT4 starts September 17th)

Engine/Drivetrain - Same as 2007

Models:

SE
SXT
SXT Sport
R/T
R/T AWD
SRT4

Exterior colors:

Bright Silver Metallic
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl (New, replaces Black)
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Light Khaki Metallic
Steel Blue Metallic
Stone White
Sunburst Orange Pearl
Surf Blue Pearl (New, replaces Marine Pearl)

Interior colors:

Light Pebble Beige is replacing Medium Pebble Beige
Dark Slate Gray is replacing Medium Slate Gray and Pastel Slate Gray.

New features/Options:

ESP (Electronic Stability Program) - Packaged with Security Alarm, available on all models except SE.
Four-wheel disc ABS now available on SXT (packaged with Security Group)

Radios/Navigation:

Same as 2007 models (NO factory MyGIG for 2008)

Package Groups:

Driver Convenience Group — Includes auto-dimming interior rearview mirror, compass and Electronic Vehicle Information Center, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, Tire Pressure Monitoring Display (requires speed control on SXT and R/T) and UConnect

Popular Equipment Group I — Includes luxury front and rear floor mats, soft tonneau cover, speed control, keyless entry, speed-sensitive power locks, power, foldaway mirrors and driver, one-touch-down power windows

Popular Equipment Group II — Includes leather-wrapped steering wheel, remote audio controls, fog lamps and SIRIUS Satellite Radio

Security Group — Includes security alarm and Electronic Stability Control

Premium Sound Group — Includes MusicGate Power with nine total speakers including Boston Acoustics six-speaker with subwoofer,
swing-down liftgate speakers with 458-watt total output and leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls (requires speed control on SXT)

Sport Appearance Interior Group — Includes cloth seats with color-keyed inserts color-keyed instrument
panel and center stack, and body-color grille (for SXT Sport only)

SRT4 Standard Features: (Unless replaced by optional equipment)

2.4L 4 Cyl DOHC 16V Turbo Engine
12V Auxiliary Power Outlet
13.6 Gallon Fuel Tank
140 Amp Alternator
180 MPH Primary Speedometer
19X7.5 Painted Aluminum SRT Wheels
525 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
6-Speed Manual Getrag DMT6 Transmission
A/C with Chill Zone Storage
Alloy Silver Shift Bezel with Short Throw Shifter
Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes, SRT-Tuned
Badge, Caliber
Badge, SRT4
Body Color Door Handles
Body Color Fascias
Body Color Grille
Body Color Liftgate Applique
Bright I/P Switches
Bright Interior Accents
Bright Pedals
Cargo Compartment Carpet
Conventional Differential Frt Axle
Driver Height Adjuster Seat
Electronic Stability Program
Exhaust, Low Restriction System with 4" Bright Tip
Fixed Long Mast Antenna
Floor Carpet
Fog Lamps
Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Full Length Floor Console
Functional Brake Ducts
Halogen Headlamps
High Performance Suspension
Hood with Functional Scoop
Illuminated Cupholders
Instr. Panel Alloy Silver Bezel
Instrument Cluster w/Display Screen
Interior Removable/Rechargeable Lamp
Keyless Entry
Leather Gear Shift Boot
Leather Wrapped Shift Knob
Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
Liftgate Door w/Fixed Glass
Luxury Front Rear Floor Mats
Manual Driver Lumbar Adjust
Map/Dome Reading Lamps
Next Gen Multistage Front Air Bags
Non Locking Fuel Filler Cap
Outside Temp Display in Odometer
Passenger Assist Handles
Performance Steering
Power Accessory Delay
Power Mirrors
Power Windows, Driver One-Touch
Rear 60/40 Folding Seat
Rear Seat Heat Ducts
Rear View Day/Night Mirror
Rear Window Defroster
Rear Window Wiper/Washer
Seats, Performance
Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System
Sill Molding
Single Low Note Horn
Sliding Armrest w/Cell Phone Holder
Sliding SunVisors w/Mirrors
Solar Control Glass
Spare Tire - Delete
Speed Control
Speed Sensitive Power Locks
Spoiler, Trunklid
SRT Track Experience
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls
Supp. Side Curtain Frt/Rr Air Bags
Suspension, Lowered Tuned
Tachometer
Tilt Steering Column
Tire Pressure Monitoring Warning LP
Tire Service Kit
Tires, Goodyear 225/45R19 W-rated BSW
Turbo Boost Gauge
Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers

--ResumeSpeed--

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well Chrysler and Dodge can kiss their advantage goodbye, the MyGig is an option that will keep the Caliber customer base excited, the Caliber will have some major competion by 2009, and with nothing to really excite the buyer, lost sales.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
well the srt model has me pretty damn excited! i could care less about the mygig option. it would be ripped out and replaced anyway.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What does Surf Blue Pearl look like? I thought they were going to do the Electric Blue Pearl like the Nitro has.

·
Registered
689 Posts
As the price of gas is shooting up, you can have the SRT, I'm more interested in things that make the drive more enjoyable, and besides, who knows when the SRT is going to come out. :eek: :D

The SRT will sell, but will be a limited seller IMO, vast majority of buyers will be regular Caliber drivers, with many looking for the latest and greatest in interior creature comforts and options.

;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
BethCaliber said:
What does Surf Blue Pearl look like? ...
I haven't been able to find any samples of that shade, although the Chrysler paint code is "FQD".

VW had a "Surf Blue" shade; here is what IT looked like:

http://www.smguk.co.uk/SMG/stock/P1010021.JPG

http://www.smguk.co.uk/SMG/KY51ZXO.jpg

If it's the same or similar - to me, it doesn't look much different than the Nitro's Electric Blue Pearl.

On the lighter side, I believe the "Surf Blue" was sometimes referred to jokingly as "SMURF Blue".

·
Registered
13 Posts
they should put the mygig in the caliber. both the caliber and mygig are arguably intended for the younger crowd so why not put the together?

·
Registered
432 Posts
arodey said:
they should put the mygig in the caliber. both the caliber and mygig are arguably intended for the younger crowd so why not put the together?
Hold on a second there youngster.

While mygig (whatever that is) may be for the younger generation I will argue that the Caliber was designed to cross many generations.

The users of this Forum, who have voted, reflect that 48.39% are age 29 or under, while 51.61% are age 30 or over.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
A good mp3 player, the audio jack and Sirius radio is fine for me. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oldguy said:
Hold on a second there youngster.

While mygig (whatever that is) may be for the younger generation I will argue that the Caliber was designed to cross many generations.

The users of this Forum, who have voted, reflect that 48.39% are age 29 or under, while 51.61% are age 30 or over.

Cheers :D
i didnt mean to disrespect anyone but that stat shows that 48% make up a range of 13 years while 52% make up a range of 50+ years.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Wow.. if this post is true... then no Caliber SRT-4 for me...

It may not sound like much but things like including MyGIG are a HUGE deal-breaker.

Put it this way... I bought a Neon SRT-4 for the SPEED and now I am wishing I had purchased something with more comfort features that are practical for every day driving (because let's face it, how often can you really speed around in the real world?)

Anyway.. i'll be damned if i'm going to be foolish enough to buy something that i'm not COMPLETELY satisfied with... why should people like me have to settle?

This car will be great for those gear heads who love to take the car to the track, mod it, race the ever-loving-be-jesus out of it until it explodes. As for people like me... people that want a comfortable, feature-packed daily driver that actually has some punch to the engine... we'll have to keep looking.

Let's just hope DCX does something useful with the Avenger... Since that car has all the goodies... but still lacks an engine up to my .. uh.. personal standards. :D

By the way.. where is everyone getting this information from?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
A good mp3 player, the audio jack and Sirius radio is fine for me. :)
or a full aftermarket setup that blows the stock system away for 1/2 the $..you know what ever floats your musical boat.:D geez it's just the my gig setup it's not like they dropped the turbo option and are now limiting us to just the kakki color as options here people.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ironside said:

It may not sound like much but things like including MyGIG are a HUGE deal-breaker.
See the MyGIG update note in the first post...

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Early Order Info?

Bahhh... I can't believe they bundled the ESP with the security group.

I want ESP but I don't want to pay for the alarm and filter.... Oh well.

Is the earliest we can order these things still mid-june? anyone know?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ironside said:

Put it this way... I bought a Neon SRT-4 for the SPEED and now I am wishing I had purchased something with more comfort features that are practical for every day driving (because let's face it, how often can you really speed around in the real world?)

Anyway.. i'll be damned if i'm going to be foolish enough to buy something that i'm not COMPLETELY satisfied with... why should people like me have to settle?

This car will be great for those gear heads who love to take the car to the track, mod it, race the ever-loving-be-jesus out of it until it explodes. As for people like me... people that want a comfortable, feature-packed daily driver that actually has some punch to the engine... we'll have to keep looking.

Let's just hope DCX does something useful with the Avenger... Since that car has all the goodies... but still lacks an engine up to my .. uh.. personal standards. :D

You can buy an afternarket hard drive based head unit that would probably blow the mygig away in performance. One feature like mygig wouldn't keep me from buying a vehicle. Especially with all the audiophile options available in the aftermarket that are mostly better than anything the factory installs. You want creature comforts and all the bells and whistles, then buy one of the luxury cars that cost $50K plus.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ironside said:
ResumeSpeed is somehow connected with DCX, and I've never known him to be wrong, over the last two years, he has proven a super-reliable souce of %100 correct info.

Everything from production start dates, to color choices, you name it, he's been right.

RS, is my 2006 LX an 83K system?

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GLHS837 said:
RS, is my 2006 LX an 83K system?
Yes, you have the 83K CAN-B system... but, the breaking news here is that there are TWO versions of the MyGIG radio, one with the newer 125k CAN-C bus and one with the 84k B system (!!!). Once a wiring harness can be configured (in progress) it looks like owners of 2005-up vehicles are going to be able to install the MyGIG radio. I am still awaiting further confirmation and details, but so far it looks very promising...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts