Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW! I guess someone must have been spying on our forum... hehe

Go on the drivesrt.com website and look at the description of the Caliber SRT4, it has been changed to 2008!

That's awesome, that eliminates one of our concerns with the car depreciating faster than normal since it was a late available 2007 model.

:cool:

http://www.drivesrt.com/en/dodge/caliber/index.html

·
Registered
154 Posts
With the lightning quickness of Caliber production it might be 2008 before it gets here :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Amen!! haha

·
Registered
644 Posts
ya, i talked to some people and from what ive heard were looking at august at the earliest. whether this is 100% true or not im not sure, but the source is fairly reliable. all i know is, when the bank opens up to take orders for the srt's, im gettin on it and am gunna have the first one role of the damn lot. the RT just doesnt have enough balls for me.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Darren07RT said:
ya, i talked to some people and from what ive heard were looking at august at the earliest. whether this is 100% true or not im not sure, but the source is fairly reliable. all i know is, when the bank opens up to take orders for the srt's, im gettin on it and am gunna have the first one role of the damn lot. the RT just doesnt have enough balls for me.
Typically a competitive product on the market (aka. Mazdaspeed3) causes delivery to be expidited, not delayed as many consumers may just opt. for the availablility of the competitive product.

I am glad that they are calling a 2008 model so the only changes may be late availability options as there were with the Caliber this year, which would mean that we would at least know what they are at launch so I feel better about not getting left behind right out of the gate with a big product change.

I don't think the naming convention has anything to do with the availability date... the caliber has officially been a 2007 model since the begining of 2006, so I doubt just because the SRT4 is being called a 2008 model that it will be available later in the year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wish Dodge would give us a little bit more information on this thing. Granted we know all the performance stats and such, I wish they'd give us some answers to our knitpicking questions. It would really help some of us decide whether this is worth getting or jump ship and join the Neon SRT-4 crowd. I really, really wanted an SRT-4 when they first came out, but just couldn't afford one. And with these coming out I have money saved up for a sizeable down payment, but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. I'd really like to find out things such as Staged kits, new features for later models, different colors for next years, etc...Sure them turning it to an 2008 model is great, but give us some real information Dodge! You want us to buy this thing, but your not giving us much incentive here...sorry, I'm bored and just felt the urge to rant. I'm sure they'll give us some news hopefully soon. Plus this section of the forum seems dead (obviously, since it's not even out yet, lol), just thought I'd add some life...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here's a random quick question: What is the mileage rating on the SRT-4?

I saw on the window stickers of the SRT-8's a "GAS GUZZLER TAX" no joke, even less funny was that it was $2100 ! :eek: It was listed after the options and before the total sticker price.

Just wondering if this would affect the SRT-4.

Actually here's a snapshot of a Charger SRT-8 sticker:

www.libertyhomeinventory.com/guzzler.bmp

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
.38 said:
Here's a random quick question: What is the mileage rating on the SRT-4?

I saw on the window stickers of the SRT-8's a "GAS GUZZLER TAX" no joke, even less funny was that it was $2100 ! :eek: It was listed after the options and before the total sticker price.

Just wondering if this would affect the SRT-4.

Actually here's a snapshot of a Charger SRT-8 sticker:

www.libertyhomeinventory.com/guzzler.bmp
28MPG is the hwy estimate... of course that isn't final as it hasn't gone through the offical EPA tests

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Neon RT Drivr21 said:
I wish Dodge would give us a little bit more information on this thing. Granted we know all the performance stats and such, I wish they'd give us some answers to our knitpicking questions. It would really help some of us decide whether this is worth getting or jump ship and join the Neon SRT-4 crowd. I really, really wanted an SRT-4 when they first came out, but just couldn't afford one. And with these coming out I have money saved up for a sizeable down payment, but I'm not sure if it's worth it anymore. I'd really like to find out things such as Staged kits, new features for later models, different colors for next years, etc...Sure them turning it to an 2008 model is great, but give us some real information Dodge! You want us to buy this thing, but your not giving us much incentive here...sorry, I'm bored and just felt the urge to rant. I'm sure they'll give us some news hopefully soon. Plus this section of the forum seems dead (obviously, since it's not even out yet, lol), just thought I'd add some life...
Car magazines December issues will be out in a few weeks (got my CD and MT November issues a few weeks back). They previewed the final prototype of the MS3 a month or two before it came out... and if plans are still on track for production in March one could argue that we may see a preview test in one of the next few issues (fingers crossed).

I agree, the long period of silence is getting a little old

·
Registered
447 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
Car magazines December issues will be out in a few weeks (got my CD and MT November issues a few weeks back). They previewed the final prototype of the MS3 a month or two before it came out... and if plans are still on track for production in March one could argue that we may see a preview test in one of the next few issues (fingers crossed).

I agree, the long period of silence is getting a little old
What's even more annoying is how hushed they are in the SRT chats. The hell is the point in having them if all they can say is the exact same things they've been saying? Forget the chat format, prepare a press release and post that instead.

Then maybe stick around for a bit while we ask questions about THAT press release. Rather than all the SRT-8 guys coming over here to ask about technical problems with their current cars. Like the guy who asked if it would hurt his SRT-8 to put 87 octane in it. How is that related to the topic?

I understand why the questions were allowed, limited chats etc etc. But it would be a much better format if the questions were requred to be on topic for the site. Like Caliber questions for the caliber forums, SRT-8 questions for the srt-8 forums etc etc. That way we don't get some giant mess of random questions that end up not being answered anyway. Argh!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Amandyke said:
What's even more annoying is how hushed they are in the SRT chats. The hell is the point in having them if all they can say is the exact same things they've been saying? Forget the chat format, prepare a press release and post that instead.

Then maybe stick around for a bit while we ask questions about THAT press release. Rather than all the SRT-8 guys coming over here to ask about technical problems with their current cars. Like the guy who asked if it would hurt his SRT-8 to put 87 octane in it. How is that related to the topic?

I understand why the questions were allowed, limited chats etc etc. But it would be a much better format if the questions were requred to be on topic for the site. Like Caliber questions for the caliber forums, SRT-8 questions for the srt-8 forums etc etc. That way we don't get some giant mess of random questions that end up not being answered anyway. Argh!
Appreciate your thought, but a monthly visit to 300C SRT8, Charger SRT8, Challeneger SRT8, Magnum SRT8, Jeep SRT8, Crossfire SRT6, Viper SRT10, Ram SRT10, SRT4 etc. means each site would have an opportunity to discuss their spefic vehicle once about every 10 months.

Dodge has a good thing going with the engineer chat, they seem to be able to answer all the questions people throw their way relating to the host's site model (i.e. i didn't see any caliber questions unanswered after their last visit) so it only makes sense for other members of the extended SRT family to ask their questions as well when the opportunity presents itself

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Amandyke said:
They actually stopped answering questions abou t15 minutes early. Leaving several unsanswered. Like one of mine.
That can be frustrating, but on the plus side at least we can ask the SRT team questions and you can always re ask at the next chat on one of the other sites... although they tend to have folks on hand who are more specialized on that particular model... i.e. the most recent one on the LX cars didn't seem to be able to answer anything on the SRT4

·
Registered
447 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
That can be frustrating, but on the plus side at least we can ask the SRT team questions and you can always re ask at the next chat on one of the other sites... although they tend to have folks on hand who are more specialized on that particular model... i.e. the most recent one on the LX cars didn't seem to be able to answer anything on the SRT4
Which is exactly why the questions should be restricted. Perhaps they should just have the chats more often, or do the press release idea. In either case this has nothing to do with this thread so we should get back on topic.

·
Registered
901 Posts
For what it's worth....

Last week I had to get a new tire (drove over a 4" piece of metal which impaled the tire edge) and while I was waiting for it to be mounted, I wandered over to the showroom to say hey to my salesman and look at an R/T. Well guess what.... the Caliber sales brochures have been revamped and reprinted (dated 8/2006), and now include the SRT4! The options and packages etc are all listed in the back.

It also says the SRT4 will be available "in 2007". Nothing more specific than that.

Just thought I'd throw this info out there....

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
For what it's worth....

Last week I had to get a new tire (drove over a 4" piece of metal which impaled the tire edge) and while I was waiting for it to be mounted, I wandered over to the showroom to say hey to my salesman and look at an R/T. Well guess what.... the Caliber sales brochures have been revamped and reprinted (dated 8/2006), and now include the SRT4! The options and packages etc are all listed in the back.

It also says the SRT4 will be available "in 2007". Nothing more specific than that.

Just thought I'd throw this info out there....
Thats cool... did it call it an 08 model as it now does online?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The SRT4 Caliber is on the lots now. The mileage rating is the same as the RT. I have driven 3 of them and placed an order for a build. It seems as though they are currently building the sunroof options first. I do not want a sunroof. It is no disappointment in performance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts