Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F.Y.I.

Two current colors will be eliminated and two new colors will be offered. I have not yet found an outside source about the two new colors to be offered on the 2008 Calibers so until DCX announces this information I better keep quiet.

It will be fun to hear everyone guess which two colors will be cut. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
im thinking the grey and khaki colours will be cut, cuz they suck on the Caliber, they need to have fun colours....id like to see a bright green, and maybe another red or blue

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i hope they add a patriot blue or navy and a darker red.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Hot Pink, yeah now thats a color :eek: :D

Fusia, another good color :D

I'm sure it will be a color from the Stratus/Avenger lineup probably. ;)

Would be interesting to have a factory ColorShift paint or something unusual like that.

Two things about factory paint jobs that always puzzled me, why don't they use a primer that doesn't show through with a scratch. I know the reason, but it would be nice to not have scratches show up so easily, and two, they now have paints that kind of self heal scratches, now that would be nice.

·
Registered
644 Posts
well the yellows out for sure from what i hear right? if i had to guess id say they did away with the khaki or maroon color...

maybe added some sort of green and possibly and orange?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The yellow was off the Dodge website sometime ago and that color was not one of the two colors I'm talking about. I should have made that clear in my post, sorry. Rumor around the plant is that the yellow used on the Caliber was left over Neon yellow. :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
They better not be getting rid of Sunburst Orange... I was really hoping to see a Caliber SRT in that colour.

What they SHOULD do is offer a Caliber in "Detonator Yellow" like the SuperBee charger... now THAT would be somethin'. Plus, I thought they did away with the yellow too quickly before everyone could get their hands on it, and it looks AWESOME.

They should bring back Electric blue! That would be a REAL sweet colour... everyone remember that spyshot of the Caliber SRT4 that was blue? Looked amazing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
O'Reily said:
No, I mean like what's available for the Charger...it's called Silver Steel Metallic
Oh, okay. Now I get where we're coming from. I thought you were talking about possible deleted colors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think they're going to add the electric blue color to the Caliber (They have it for the Nitro). I would have that color on mine if it would have been an option for 2007 models.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think they should get rid of Inferno Red and bring back Flame Red. The Caliber would be smokin' in that color! I've got it........they need to bring back Nitro Yellow Green from the 95 Neon days. That would be awesome :)

Chanda

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
The Dealer also told me about the Yellow going away (which is apparently, as you indicated, "old news")... I also heard from him that the Marine Blue is history... He didn't say anything about any others; but I would bet Steel Blue Metallic (I like it, but it is a little dark for the size of the car IMHO).

I will be upset if one of the new colors is a pewter grey type color...

B0bberRT - FWD, 5spd, Bright Silver, DCG, Cloth, Trailer Tow, 3 days and 1000miles old!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bObberRT found one part of the puzzle. :cool:

Bye...bye.... Marine Blue :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Bye...bye.... Marine Blue :D
I hope that's true. The population here is only 3500 and I see 2 other Marine Blue Calibers every other day.:mad: As for the Yellow, it should be back for a while on the 08 models according to this old post...Sorry Mr Bing
06-13-2006
TommyLee

Re: Solar Yellow No Longer Available?
Solar Yellow is never offered for a full model year on any model that DaimlerChrysler offers. It is always short production run, whether it was Wrangler, Ram, Dakota, Caliber, Neon, PT Cruiser, Charger, etc... It either comes out early or comes out mid year, but never the full year.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts