Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
747 Posts
This is by far the most retarded product launch in the history of products...

They might as well just switch it over to a '2009' SRT-4... you just KNOW it's going to come down to that eventually... :D

· Registered
747 Posts
TechMan said:
The Caliber SRT4 is a performance car. If that is what you are looking for, the season should not make a difference. Would it be much better to get a car like this outside of winter months for those of us in the north . Absolutely.

But really, anyone purchasing this car is soon going to have to live with it outside its optimum seasons. I can understand the disappointment but on a decision this big, the season of release would not be the deal maker for me.
It's a HUGE deal breaker... who wants to buy a performance car that you can't even test out to it's full potential until spring rolls around.

Would YOU be able to sit around with the car in your snow-filled drive way without going BONKERS... ??? I know it would drive ME nuts.

Anyway... we should stop being so hard on Dodge, if we all play our cards right.. maybe our grandchildren will get to own one of these badboys. :D

· Registered
747 Posts
TechMan said:
It seems you are a live in the moment kind of guy. Right now is what matters to you and forward thinking / planning not considered in your day to day lifestyle.

Whatever it is, you want it now, now, now.... or the hell with it. You get so upset having someone say you can't have it yet that it becomes necessary to start dissing the same thing only a short time ago you had the hots for.

I could wait with a car for the right road conditions to push it. I can wait until I get what I really want even though no one likes to wait. Some folks won't wait, make hasty and usually bad decisions, and regret not having the composure to tough it out. We have a lot of choices to make in life. It helps to look beyond the moment and the blurred reality of instant gratification.

Good things are worth waiting for. :)
Ok, hold on there Mom.

First of all... I waited over a year for the Caliber and THEN said 'to hell with it'.

Second of all... the reason this car would have to come out during the warm season is because I would have wanted to see what it could do BEFORE buying the thing... (since I had an SRT4 already and I wanted to compare to see whether or not it was worth upgrading to).

Lastly... if i'm in the market looking to buy a NEW car, I want to see what all my options are; so yeah, i'm a little upset that I would have to put off buying a car (which I need to buy now) because Dodge is ****ing around and taking their sweet time ... (what was the saying? you snooze you lose?)

Dodge failed to capitalize on what would be a PERFECT summer to release this baby, and they have already lost TONS of would-be SRT Caliber owners, yet they still hope to have smashing results releasing a summer sports car (more or less) in the beginning of Winter???? Gimme a break.

Someone needs to be fired for this... IMO.

...Not to mention the fact that these comments I am making are based on the fact that this car was SUPPOSE to be a late availability model for the 2007 model year.

Just cause you like to bend over and kiss Dodge's ass doesn't mean all customers have to.

(and by the way... i'm not "dissing" the car because I can't have it "now now now"... i'm "dissing" the car because it sounds like Dodge is making it a P.O.S.)

Prove me wrong Dodge, and i'll be MORE than happy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.