Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving today when I came to a stop my car won’t not accelerate. I pulled over and shut it off. It would not go into gear but I could move my shifter. Nothing happened before except my cruise control would not work weeks ago (turn off as soon as I set it) but it was working recently No smells. No sounds. No check engine light Nothing. I could step on the gas and the RPM would work. Towed it to a shop and they are trying to tell me it’s a bad transmission. I am having a hard time with that since there was no warning. Any idea? Please help a single mother out with a special needs daughter who has medical appointment 3 times a week. Extra money goes to her treatments. Thank you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was you able to try to see if the car would go in reverse before it was tow to the shop? At least that's a start and most important did you ever check or have someone check the transmission fluid in the car these Dodge Calibers don't come with the dipstick they want you to Always take it to a Dodge STEALER SHIP so they can rip you off for $$$ it tells you that and that's Bullshit.I as a DIY man order my own transmission dipstick off of Amazon and check my own oil I see NO NEED to pay a STEALER SHIP to do this,I might be wrong but your most over look problem could have been running the car to long on low tranny fluid and you burn out the transmission it's just my guess because it's one of the most over look things some people do. I feel bad for because you need your car for your daughter and repair shops aren't going to give you a break on a repair Everyone is out to make $$$$$ that's why I wish I own my own shop to give people like you a break I would put you In almost next to new transmission and only charge you for the oil oil for these Calibers is almost $8 a quart at Walmart and that is the cheapest you can find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was you able to try to see if the car would go in reverse before it was tow to the shop? At least that's a start and most important did you ever check or have someone check the transmission fluid in the car these Dodge Calibers don't come with the dipstick they want you to Always take it to a Dodge STEALER SHIP so they can rip you off for $$$ it tells you that and that's Bullshit.I as a DIY man order my own transmission dipstick off of Amazon and check my own oil I see NO NEED to pay a STEALER SHIP to do this,I might be wrong but your most over look problem could have been running the car to long on low tranny fluid and you burn out the transmission it's just my guess because it's one of the most over look things some people do. I feel bad for because you need your car for your daughter and repair shops aren't going to give you a break on a repair Everyone is out to make $$$$$ that's why I wish I own my own shop to give people like you a break I would put you In almost next to new transmission and only charge you for the oil oil for these Calibers is almost $8 a quart at Walmart and that is the cheapest you can find.
The transmission fluid is fine. Totally full. No funky smells or discoloration. The car shift’s out of park but nothing happens when you step on the gas. A few weeks before this the car’s cruise control would not work. It went go on and immediately shut off. My sons friend towed the car to my house so I would not pay fees at the garage. I am still having a hard time that the transmission would just stop working with no indication that is was going bad. I may not no much about cars, but if I notice something is wrong I take it in to be looked at immediately. Also I would do routine maintenance when it’s due. A car is my lifeline for my child. Nor would I want to break down with my child in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts