Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Anybody else install a set of 235/35R19 Tyres on the Factory 19x7.5 SRT Rims???
try it against our 225/45/19 size (or you can select dodge>2008>caliber srt4 in a drop down)

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

Those are a little over 5% shorter than ours, your speedo will be off.

I'd recommend a 235/40 or a 245/40
I'm still on my stockers, so take that with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You should care, as it will change your overall gearing slightly which could have a negative effect.
x2 And most tire shops will probably prefer more sidewall, their easier to mount.

If your wanting more meat on the ground grab a set of 245/40/19
Its less than one percent size difference and will mount on our 7.5" wide rim, though its recommended for a 8" it will do just fine.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Number 2:
Gearing - I don't know what the issue is... but with the factory 225/45R19 I'd pull 2K RPM in 6th gear, and the speedo would read 60mph.
With the 235/35R19 Installed, the same thing... 2K RPM in 6th gear nets me 60mph. I don't know what to tell you.

But on the gearing, its not really messing up the gearing so much as a evic.
Your car reads your mph off of your trans, it should show 2k=60 no matter what tire you put on. it wont realize what speed your really going. Cool part: a dealer can adjust it with a starscan I believe, not 100% sure on that though, but check with them, it shouldnt be bad at all.

Edit: Just looked at the pics... As long as you like it, good for you. Not really my cup of tea.
No offense to your setup, but I'll still hold firm to recommending 245/40 for anyone else reading this, its slightly shorter than stock, close enough to retain evic reading, and wont be hell if u find a pot hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts