Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the switches "generic" like that? on my old truck you could wire in additional auto up and/or down modules, how's the driver side on the Caliber triggered? I'd like both fronts to have lighted switches and auto function.

·
Registered
343 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
are the switches "generic" like that? on my old truck you could wire in additional auto up and/or down modules, how's the driver side on the Caliber triggered? I'd like both fronts to have lighted switches and auto function.
on my previous Chryco products, the auto switch had a longer stroke than the non-auto switches and the housing was not cut to accept this longer stroke. I'm not sure how the Cali's housing is made, but you definately need to check that out first

·
Registered
245 Posts
ejfb said:
Ok Dan, you get spanked on this one. You, of all people here, could find out the answer to this question. :rolleyes: ;) :) :D
HAHAHAHA right. We don’t have that detailed information and have no correspondence with manufacturing. I couldn't even tell you which supplier manufactures this part for assembly.

We work with the info we are given but you will never find the real reason they are designed and manufactured in this matter.

Dan

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well figured that, but thought maybe you might be able to find out if like say the Dakota switches are the same, something like that.

But I do understand, thats the biggest problem corporate, especially automotive corporate has in this country. We could kick ass in this country automotive wise, could put the Japanese to shame, but because of lack of corporate foresight, we don't, and lose sales to Toyota, Honda and Nissan. I could think of hundreds of ways to draw interest to American autos that wouldn't cost much, but you will never get corporate to understand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts