Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Car running real ruff so i started unplugging coils and noticed when i unplug #3 coil nothing changes. Decided to swap coils, problem did not move. Swapped plugs, Injectors, still only #3. Hooked up my buddies snap on scanner, decided to do an injector kill. When i do this cylinder 3 makes no difference and #4 does. So under the hood i disconnect 3 no difference, on scanner its #4. Maybe something with his scanner i guess? Buddies scanner has worked on everything else he has ever connected it to with no problems. Thought it was weird so decided to share but really just looking for some answers of what might be going on with the misfire. Sure wish it would code something but no codes whatsoever. When i first start it it runs with no misfire for a second or two, then misfire, then not and back and forth and finally all the time. Drive it right after starting it might bog at first and then get all of it and screech the tires. So intermediate at first i wouldn't think a downed cylinder. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine did that and for other reasons I had the factory throttle body saved in the back room so I took it out and installed it and took out the aftermarket one that had been in there almost 2 years and problem solved.
Only because I too had no codes. so I took a shot at it.
Also when I removed the throttle body it had some 2 tea spoons on engine oil in it clean oil.. that's a blocked PVC valve so 25 bucks Canadian and I first cleaned the old one to get to the parts store then replaced it with a new one. Car drives like new with the old factory throttle body installed and the new pvc valve.
Not so sure yours is running on 3 cylinders as mine appeared to do that exact same thing with the fouled throttle body.
No joke I tried to test drive it after doing some fiddling around before the throttle body exchange and it sounded like all hell was breaking loose... I thought for sure the engine was broken inside but it was not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts