Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I bought a Caliber (Silver SXT) several days ago (310 miles and love it). I have been driving pickups and a Jeep Wrangler for the last 5 years and haven't owned/driven a regular car in a long time, so, when I hit a large pothole today that rocked my world I was wondering - how likely (now that I am driving a car instead of a truck) is it that I may have damaged something in the front end by impacting a deep pothole? Any real world experience?

Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've hit some bad potholes with my Stratus R/T Coupe and its fine for me. I even live on a crappy dirty road with all kinds of bumps (sometimes large bumps depending on how hard it rained) and ruts, etc on it. The only thing it may of done is knock it out of alignment or moved the toe in or out. I would just keep an eye on whether or not it pulls to one side.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you should be more than fine.. where I live there are some deep manhole covers and potholes in the pavement that I've hit on the odd occurance. Also, was coming home from work one night and this drunk bastage came out of the bar, swung into the far left lane while I was coming up the inside right.. then out of nowhere he, without signalling swerves all the way into my lane causing me to swerve up and over a curb to avoid an accident with him. I was travelling about 60km/h when this happened.. and all that happened to my cali was I needed a realignment. I've seen lesser built cars that hopped curbs going like 30 km/h where thier cv joints have completely snapped. I think you should be completely fine man... the odd jostle here and there is nothing to worry about... if you are doing it daily though I would start to worry about something fracturing over time. Surprisingly while the car might be inexpensive and she does have her problems... the car at it's basic level is surprisingly solid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all. Brought it my buddy who works in an alignment shop and the specs were:

Left +1/64th
Right-1/64th

well within the tolerances. Cool, will wt\atch out from here on in though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts